We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
The Advanced Analytics & MLOps group
is a blended team of full-stack Data Scientists and ML Engineers. Our mandate is to build and deploy machine learning models as data products and services. As an enterprise group, we work with multiple partners and use-case types across our bank, including Marketing, Client Operations, Payments, and many other business groups. We are also involved in infrastructural projects, both on-prem and in the cloud to enable ML and MLOps at scale. We are looking for a Data Scientist
to join our team as the platform lead of the AI/ML data science cloud platform. As a platform lead, you will support initiatives relating to the product roadmap & operationalization of the platform as well as contribute toward the development of data science use cases.
How You’ll Succeed
- Data Science Expertise: As a Data Scientist, you will be involved in writing and testing code on the AI/ML platform. You will also be involved in piloting Data Science & MLOps projects developed on and off the AI/ML Platform
- Cloud Computing Knowledge: You will work with cloud-native Data Science & ML tools, such as Databricks, Delta Lake, Azure Data Lake Storage and Computer Vision APIs to drive end-user testing for the AIML platform to ensure the tools and frameworks are operating as intended
- Consulting Mindset: You will utilize your critical thinking skills to identify ways to improve business processes related to the AI/ML platform, such as onboarding, tooling & compute requests, data custody agreements, etc. You will also provide technical assistance to current and future tenants on the platform and triage infrastructure-related tech support to relevant technology & engineering teams
- Analytics Translator: You are comfortable working with and influencing multiple stakeholders across different functions such as Technology, Security, Operations and Engineering groups. You are an able Analytics Translator who can explain the needs and workflows of Data Scientists to these external stakeholders
- Documentation: you have exceptional writing skills that will be utilized in authoring documentation, usage guides, and forms related to the operation of the platform
Who You Are
- You have a Master’s degree in analytics management, math, engineering, computer science or another related quantitative field
- Minimum 1 year of experience working either in industry or equivalent co-op experience preferable with exposure to cloud computing
- You have technical skills and experience with Python with most common data science libraries, such as the PyData stack, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, spacy, etc.
- Experience with the Databricks platform, including PySpark & MLFlow
- Familiarity Azure cloud computing tools and patterns
- Proficiency with general Python programming including creating/debugging Python scripts in a non-notebook environment (e.g. PyCharm or Spyder) and modularizing code into Python functions
- Working knowledge of Git, GitHub, and Conda
- Excellent writing skills with a demonstrated ability to properly document projects (for example through README.mds, articles, blog posts, etc
- Relevant Azure certifications is an asset
- Familiarity with Linux systems & bash commands, git branches and/or workflows such as the Feature Branch or GitFlow workflows is an asset
- Familiarity with Python Flask or FastAPI is an asset
- Familiarity/Exposure to DevOps and MLOps tools/platforms such as Docker, Jenkins, Artifactory and/or GitHub Actions is an asset
- You embrace change and champion analytics. You are intellectually curious and often think about ways to improve how we work in terms of tools, tech & processes. You empower and enable your team to make continuous improvements. You enjoy sharing knowledge and ideas with your colleagues & business partners and becoming an engaged member of the analytics community at our bank
- You have a passion for technology. Working with the latest technology and cloud patterns excites you. You have an innate drive to learn new technologies and patterns when it comes to data science, machine learning, and advanced analytics patterns on the cloud
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, a defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan, and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development
What You Need To Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-81 Bay, 21st Floor
Advanced Analytics, Databricks, Data Science, Machine Learning, Microsoft Azure, Python