Deloitte – Commercial Intelligence- Data Scientist - Senior Consultant / Consultant
Work You’ll Do
The role of the Data Scientist is to discover the information hidden in Deloitte’s internal data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver better business outcomes. Your goal will be to develop and execute data science projects using a variety of data science technologies to drive business insights to inform sales leaders. From conceptualization to publication of insights, be part of the team that drives our success in the market.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist in the conceptualization of analytical projects to ensure research is rigorous and results provide actionable and comprehensive insights.
- Develop data, statistical, and ML models across a broad spectrum of topics, including both causal inference and predictive models.
- Stay up-to-date and introduce latest trends from technology and data science research
- Design and execute rigorous model validation studies and best practices
- Locate and extract data from new data sources, finds new uses for existing data sources, structures and drives new data collection efforts, and provides recommendations on scaling new methods more broadly.
- Integrate multiple systems to build large and complex data sets and make them usable (e.g., transforming and cleaning data, working incomplete data sources, implementing and validating quality procedures).
- Conduct scalable data research off, and ultimately on, the cloud.
- Implement automated processes for efficiently producing scale models.
- Act as a liaison and collaborates with other business development groups across the analytics lifecycle (conceptualization, data collection, analysis, and recommendations) or when subject matter expertise is required
- Develop compelling, logically structured presentations (including story-telling of research/analytics findings) that will be shared with industry / offering, sales and business development, and account leadership
- Develop and maintain accurate and up-to-date project plans and status reports for all incoming and active projects.
Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Sales & Pursuit Excellence (S&PE) team helps Consulting leaders generate sales leads, respond to sales opportunities, and solve client problems. The Commercial Insights team within S&PE leverages a variety of emerging analytics and data science technologies to implement solutions across the business development lifecycle to inform sales leaders and support our holistic commercial vision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- 2+ years of applied experience in Data mining and statistical analysis that spans a range of disciplines
- 2+ years previous consulting experience (i.e client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience working in Python, R, SQL, Py-Spark, Data Bricks, and Tableau
- Strong data science skills
- Deep insights into statistical modeling and simulation tools like R and Python
- Good understanding of ensemble techniques (AdaBoost, Random forest), classification algorithms (SVM, logistic regression, Decision Trees) and clustering techniques (DB Scan, Hierarchical).
- Experience with Big Data execution using Spark
- Strong Natural Language Processing skills
- Know semantic technologies (RDF, OWL) and natural language processing, Text Mining, search algorithm development and development in Java/J2EE/Scala
- Experience with text mining using GATE or UIMA
- Experience with Open source NLP libraries e.g. CoreNLP, OpenNLP, mallet, etc
- Comfortable working in a virtual team; Travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field preferred
- 1 year of applied experience in analytics and data mining
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited Consulting experience
- Accountability for Results: Holds self and others accountable for ensuring that results are achieved; Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision; Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibility; Sets high expectations for self and others
- Communications: Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to create as well as deliver effective presentations
- Creating Quality Deliverable: Establishes deliverable structure and content; Reviews deliverables of self and others team to ensure that they meet client expectations; Implements and enforces high standards for quality deliverables
- Developing thought leadership / innovative ideas: Generates innovative ideas that are sound and progressive; Challenges the status quo; Fosters creativity throughout area of responsibility
- Problem Solving: Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Providing Exceptional Client Service: Manages self and others to provide exceptional client service by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality, accountability, and integrity
- Motivating Others: Exhibits enthusiasm, positive professional attitude, integrity, reliability, and leadership
- Building Rapport: Leads by example; actively listens; Respects the opinions and perspectives of others; Demonstrates strong personal commitment to others; clearly states thoughts, ideas, and expectations
- Decision-making: Decision making skills, and ability to challenge, negotiate, and influence
- Professional judgment (including practical approach, appropriate risk taking, political savvy, and ethical judgment)
- Ability to work in a remote environment, conscientious of key deadline deliverables, leverage indirect reporting resources and ability to understand clients’ needs from ambiguous requirements
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals to help you prepare.