Sr. Principal Machine Learning Engineer – Growth Marketing
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us as a Principal Machine Learning Engineer on our Growth Marketing team in Ireland to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Principal Machine Learning Engineer, you will be part of our Global Growth Marketing organization which is spearheading Dell’s Digital Transformation by driving innovation in the way we deliver advanced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technology that can help us better serve the needs of our customer, optimize our customer experience, marketing touchpoints and optimize our business outcomes.
This position will merge data science, data engineering and modern software practices to help teams transform data into algorithmic models that can generate insights and actions at scale. The candidate will use technical knowledge and industry expertise to formulate product strategies and identify how to accelerate our embedded Data Scientists to deliver better models that can integrate seamlessly with our global processes.
This role will contribute to deliver a world class Growth Marketing Engine that will enable our Sales and Marketing teams to work at full velocity to meet our customer’s needs.
- Lead the implementation of modern artificial intelligence and data science techniques and tools, to support data science teams to build and deliver artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions.
- Define and build the set of data science and artificial intelligence capabilities and enterprise services that can be applied and re-used by our multiple Marketing data science teams.
- Work with internal stakeholders and users to validate business and user needs, translating them into user-centric product roadmaps that address the top Data Science opportunities.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- 8 to 10 years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 to 8 years with a Master’s degree.
- Experience as product manager embedded with software engineering teams operating in Agile methodologies such as Lean Software Development, Extreme Programming or equivalent.
- Self-directed and ability to build products that drive tangible user outcomes in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong and demonstrable external client facing skills specifically in the areas of communication, issue and escalation management, with demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional decision making for highly technical solutions.
- Experience with cloud-native, modern devops, data engineering and data science technologies, such as concurrent data processing (e.g. Spark), data streaming (e.g. Kafka), extract/transform/load processes, natural language processing (e.g. NLTK, spaCy), deep learning (Keras, Tensorflow), container-based technologies (e.g. docker, kubernetes)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 12/20/2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.