What You’d Be Doing In This Role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The SEO Group's mission is to empower every user in the world to discover Canva. 1 out of 5 Canva users come in through SEO, for every type of job to be done (JTBD), from design tools to editable templates, from print products to AI content and image generation. Our goal is to make Canva the best answer on search engines for every design need.
The machine learning specialty in the SEO group is responsible for designing, building and maintaining complex and innovative engineering systems to apply the latest AI/ML technologies in the SEO workflow, and multiplying manual effort with data intelligence.Responsibilities
Experience In The Following Areas Is Beneficial
- Hypothesis-driven development of data and ML-driven features across Canva.
- Engineering implementation: developing and implementing ML models and features, as well as using third party APIs and pre-trained models when appropriate.
- Quick validation of new ideas via prototypes and solid measurement of benefit via experiments
- Contributing to the full life cycle of ML/data models: data analysis, data preprocessing and pipeline, modelling, tuning and productionization.
- Improving the scalability, speed and performance of existing models.
- Working alongside SEO specialists, software engineers and product owners to identify business and growth opportunities.
- Designing and creating new data workflows and deploying these workflows to users.
- Sharing and articulating statistical analysis, modelling, experiment and results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- More than 5 years of Industry experience in the machine learning /software engineering role with a Product/SaaS company.
- Experience building and deploying machine learning models. Strong understanding of end-to-end machine learning pipelines and components.
- Strong Coding proficiency in Python, interviews will be in Python.
- Familiarity with several of the following: TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, Kubernetes, Docker, Solr/ElasticSearch
- Strong understanding of Computer Science/Engineering fundamentals and first principles covering system design, data structures, architecture, and design patterns.
- SQL experience preferred.
- Strong research skills: the ability to dig through deep learning literature and translate this into products and value for users.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
What's in it for you?
- Search Engine Optimisation.
- Natural language processing.
- Recommendation and optimisation models.
- Generative AI and LLMs.
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.Here's a Taste Of What's On Offer
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.Other Stuff To Know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.Join The Team Redefining How The World Experiences Design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.Where And How You Can Work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.