What is the opportunity?
The Data Service Delivery, Securities Master File (SMF) team, is accountable and responsible for the accurate and timely daily collection, validation and dissemination of market data to support RBC Investor Services’ core products. The combination of our product suite and the downstream impact of our outputs create a unique and challenging function supporting RBC I&TS operational teams.
The Security Master File team provides 22 hour coverage through a follow the sun model with global sites also in Kuala Lumpur, and Luxembourg.
In this role, you will ensure that all securities are set up and delivered to our various applications in a timely and accurate manner (MDF, Focus, MULTIFONDS, Trust, GPLUS, Milvus, and BaNCS) in order to meet our clients’ requirements.
What will you do?
- Provide a high level of service by responding to all client inquiries within a reasonable timeframe in order to maintain the company’s image and strengthen client retention
- Verify and confirm with vendor sources for any discrepancies in set up information
- Establish communication networks with all business units for the receipt of security set up data
- Set up various types of public and private securities (funds, bonds, money markets, etc.)
- Ensure that the end of day checking procedure for any same day requests are completed; and, existing procedures are followed and kept informed on all policies and compliance issues
- Review/monitor all set up issues to ensure timely follow up and resolution
- Act as a team player, participate in the team’s cross training activities, and provide coverage during staff absences
- Identify issues and problems and escalate immediately
- Support Bank/Legal holidays coverage and working on a flexible shift.
What do you need to succeed?
- University Degree
- 2 to 4 years’ relevant industry work experience
- Sound knowledge of securities industry and financial markets.
- Ability to take on new challenges and work under pressure with sharp deadlines /SLA requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Strong PC skills and good knowledge of Outlook, MS office such as Word, Excel
- Canadian Securities Course, CFA
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor & Treasury Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Address: 155 Wellington St West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Entry Level
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL10
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 09/21/2021
Req ID: 408156