New Work SE - for a better working life
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life.
While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
To us, New Work is more than just a buzzword, which is why you’ll work on products that make a huge difference for millions of members. Join the team and help shape the network for a better working life.Big Data Engineer – (f/m/x) | Xing
Remote Friendly - This business unit offer you the chance to work remotely from anywhere within Portugal.
You will be part of an international team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers that is responsible for turning data into services and products for XING's jobs market which is used by Millions of users. We work closely together in an agile setting and focus on improving our existing job recommender and job search and developing new data-driven services that benefit the users of XING's jobs market place. For example, we work on features that help job seekers to better understand who their future colleagues may be, models that help forecasting salaries, etc. We are now seeking an experienced Data Engineer who loves software development, helps with the design and development of scalable components and contributes to search services and recommender systems. We strive for building testable, predictable and simple code.What You’ll Do
Who You Are
- Work in a team with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to contribute to the (technical) design, implementation and evaluation of new algorithms, machine learning models and other data-driven features and services;
- Design and implement components in a sustainable fashion (e.g. automating training of ML models; balance between complexity of models, computational costs, ease of use);
- Build, deploy, monitor and operate services within our infrastructure, while automating processes;
- Use technologies like Scala, Python, Kafka, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Hive, Spark and Hadoop.
WHAT TO EXPECT!!
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or similar discipline;
- Very good software engineering skills and programming skills in Python or JVM based language (like Scala, Java, Clojure or Kotlin);
- Experience in developing and operating data-driven / ML-based services (throughout their lifecycle);
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge about machine learning and operating ML-based solutions;
- Solid experience and enthusiasm to design scalable architectures (in particular in distributed systems);
- Good communication skills;
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required).
- The New Work Portugal offers a dynamic environment with flexible working hours and hybrid working system;
- A multicultural environment with employees from over 58 nationalities;
- Annual training allowance - trainings, meetups, conferences, etc;
- Regular events - weekly company meetings, company lunch, team events, seasonal events (eg. Summer & Christmas party);
- Hack weeks every few months;
- New Work Care - a confidential employee assistance program to assist you with personal and/or work-related matters;
- Health Insurance for you and your kids – you can add your partner at a small cost;
- 25 days of annual leave per year + 3 days off (Carnival, Christmas eve and New Year’s eve);
- Language lessons - English, German and Portuguese;
- Employee referral programme - for recommending talent to our company;
- NW Deals club ( discounts club);
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!);
- Pet friendly office.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make New Work big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you.
Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!
web:188.8.131.52:LinkedInBot/1.0 (compatible; Mozilla/5.0; +http://www.linkedin.com):2022-09-18 12:54:01