SFL Scientific, a Deloitte Business practice brings together several key capabilities to architect integrated programs that transform our clients' businesses, including Strategic Growth Transformation, Transformation Strategy & Design, Technology Strategy & Business Transformation, and AI & Data Strategy.
Professionals will serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear data-driven choices about where to play and how to win - ultimately driving growth and enterprise value.
We are hiring a Senior Data Scientist to support our team in working with clients, organizing multi-project development, and enabling technical solution delivery. Join a rapidly growing team of professionals working to build a world-class data science practice with a focus on solving complex and R&D problems.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Data Scientist at SFL Scientific, a Deloitte Business, you will define data strategy, drive technical development, and help us create the next generation of tools, products, and AI services. You will work closely with clients to understand their data sets, strategy, and operational requirements, in order to drive exploratory analysis and design long-term solutions.
Working with a team of interdisciplinary data scientists, engineers, architects, and consultants, our work includes novel areas such as cancer detection, drug discovery, optimizing population health and clinical trials, autonomous systems and edge AI, and renewable energy. Join us to expand your technical career through the lens of consulting and work on many novel projects and use cases to expand your data science & AI skills.
- Guide clients with high autonomy in AI strategy and development, including understanding organizational needs, performing exploratory data analysis, building and validating models, and deploying models into production
- Lead client initiatives to deliver AI/ML solutions, including providing thought leadership, long-term maintenance, and AI strategy objectives
- Research and implement novel machine learning approaches, including advancing state of the art training, solution design, network design, and hardware optimization
- Validate AI models and algorithm via code reviews, unit, and integration tests
- Support prioritization of project performance and model development and ensure AI solutions are delivered to maximize business impact and new initiatives
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, project managers, and business teams to make sure delivery and presentations are aligned with business objectives
SFL Scientific, a Deloitte Business, is a data science professional services practice focused on strategy, technology, and solving business challenges with Artificial Intelligence (AI). The team has a proven track record serving large, market-leading organizations in the private and public sectors, successfully delivering high-quality, novel and complex projects, and offering deep domain and scientific capabilities. Made up of experienced AI strategists, data scientists, and AI engineers, they serve as trusted advisors to executives, helping them understand and evaluate new and essential areas for AI investment and identify unique opportunities to transform their businesses.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience (Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience in AI/ML algorithm development and data analysis (NLP, time-series analysis, computer vision)
- 4+ years of experience with traditional ML and deep learning techniques (CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs, GANs,), model tuning, and validation of developed algorithms
- 4+ years of experience in core programming languages and data science packages (Python, Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Jupyter, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with deployment and optimization - Kubernetes, Docker, NVIDIA TensorRT/Triton, RAPIDs, Kubeflow, MLflow etc.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Master's or Ph.D degree in a relevant STEM field (Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc.)
- Experience with cloud deployment (AWS, Azure, GCP) preferred, such as building and scaling in AWS SageMaker or Azure ML Studio
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop novel and efficient solutions
- Ability to interact at all levels of the client organization
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $119,025 to $198,375.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.