At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced data analyst capable of leading and supporting studies assessing the mission performance of Intelligence Community (IC) elements tasked with countering threats of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) proliferation. The customer is the mission manager for the Counterproliferation (CP) WMD mission, developing and coordinating strategy for the U.S. program, assessing performance against that strategy, and implementing key initiatives to advance the CP mission.
The Data Analyst will be part of a team of IBM consultants and will provide full-time, on-site direct support to government personnel who require analytics expertise.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Supporting and advancing the team’s existing efforts to analyze mission data in support of customer leadership decision making
- Identifying new opportunities to integrate data analytic techniques (e.g., machine learning, statistical analysis) into the team’s CP mission assessments
- Gathering, analyzing, and visualizing CP mission data
- Supporting customer leaders in understanding complex CP/WMD issues
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in R and/or Python
- 2+ years of IC experience, including a demonstrated familiarity with and working knowledge of intelligence community entities, missions, functions, processes, and data
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics, to include experience in the following: Data acquisition, processing, storage, and retrieval; Data analysis and visualization; Evaluating and continuously improving machine learning methods; Communicating key findings to senior executives in the form of high-quality written deliverables and oral briefings
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, to include using formulas, pivot tables, and charts to clean, manipulate, and portray data Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and present complex technical issues in written and graphical manner for a non-technical audience
- BA/BS, preferably in Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related area of study
About Business Unit
- MS in a Data Science-related field
- Experience running AI/ML algorithms against large datasets
- Full-scope Polygraph
- Experience supporting the DNI
- Experience using Databricks or other cloud based analytic environments
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.