- Location – Parramatta (hybrid working)
- Employment type – Ongoing, Full – Time
- Salary – Clerk Grade 9/10, Salary ($116,211 – $128,061 pa), plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
- Generous leave entitlements including flex leave
- Health and wellbeing benefits including Fitness Passport
- Ongoing career development and support
- Brand new office next to train line - easily accessible
The Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) is the lead agency under the Stronger Communities Cluster. DCJ works to enable everyone's right to access justice and help for families through early intervention and inclusion, with benefits for the whole community. Stronger Communities is focussed on achieving safe, just, inclusive and resilient communities by providing services that are effective and responsive to community needs.Primary Purpose Of The Role
The Senior IM Data Analyst is required to review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements and specifications to ensure alignment between client expectations and current or future ICT capability.
Reporting to the Data Warehouse / BI Manager, Information Management Corporate Services, you will work on gathering and analysing business requirements from Corporate IM systems across various business units and vendors to help design and implement data & reporting solutions for DCJ.
As part of the Business intelligence team with Information Management, the Senior IM Data Analyst manage the review and analysis of the organisation’s business information management and information governance to ensure compliant distribution of corporate information to meet business needs.
OVERVIEW The Data Analyst, (Technical BA), will be responsible for owning the overall design of assigned business intelligence projects, as well as recommending best practices for reporting solutions based on consultation with the solution architect. This role as a Technical Data Analyst will require strategic design and mapping of business requirements and solutions to system/technical requirements. The analyst should be comfortable and be able to engage and articulate possible solutions to the various business stakeholders and also the technical team. The Technical Data Analyst will also be responsible for writing a technical specifications based on interactions directly with various stakeholders and subject matter experts. The analyst will be involved in preparing test plans and also able to conduct and implement the various test phase/ cycles. Ideally the Analyst is engaged in best practice development initiatives, provides thoughtful leadership, and familiarity with proven data warehouse solutions that support any and all kinds of reporting.
In addition to the capabilities outlined in the role description, the following are desirable:
- Analyse, consolidate and ensure availability of information to meet the delivery of business objectives.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify their business requirements.
- Provide technical expertise in data acquisition and actively participate in Data Warehouse Solution Design, analysis of changes to source systems and assessment of data quality.
- Support Data Warehouse users through provision of end user training, plain language advice on technical issues,
- Work effectively with team members to meet team objectives & deliverables, as well as provide feedback and advice on work undertaken.
We work in a flexible working environment (35hpw) and provide opportunities to expand your skills in this multi-disciplinary environment.Responsibilities
What you’ll do
- Works effectively and individually with Technical and Non-Technical team members and stakeholders
- Oversees, and has accountability for the successful completion of all aspects of assigned data warehouse / reporting project work
- Is able to exercise independent judgment, and take the lead role on enterprise level data warehousing project with minimal direction
- Is able to effectively facilitate meetings, demonstrate brainstorming / consensus building skills, and interact with senior executive level SME’s and stakeholders
Demonstrates the ability to effectively prepare and maintain the following documents / tools:
What We’re Looking For
- Information Process Mapping
- Data Flow Analysis
- Data warehouse Architecture and Design Best Practices
- Experience working with developers
- Experience with BI solutions and ability to work with large data sets using tools like SQL, TOAD etc.
- Requirements Definition and ability to write both business and technical requirement document
- Data Models, Detailed Functional Design
- Information Matrix’s, Source to Target modelling
The role would be suitable for someone who meets some or more of the following –
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate Strong Capabilities In
- Carries a high level of autonomy in setting own priorities, and those of any staff/project staff supervised, in alignment with management.
- Maintains a degree of independence to develop a suitable approach in managing the workload, as well as that of supervised staff, and provision of advice and recommendations as well as input to the development of relevant systems, frameworks, team planning and projects.
- Determines own actions undertaken, within government and legislative policies, and for ensuring quality control in the implementation of own, and any staff supervised, workload.
- Ensures recommendations are based on sound evidence, but at times may be required to use their judgment under pressure or in the absence of complete information or as a source of expert advice to internal stakeholders across the Department as well as externally to Ministerial level.
- As necessary, consults with management on a suitable course of action in matters that are sensitive, high-risk or business-critical, or for those issues that have far reaching implications with respect to resources or quality advice provision.
- Previously worked with information management specific to business intelligence and data warehouses
- Experience in conducting workshops and ascertain complex requirements from the business and relate complex problems in plain language
- Worked closely with data warehouse developers to support development cycle of the various reports and dashboards
- Experience and well versed in the various testing methodologies within the information management solutions
- Worked in the use of various reporting and business intelligence tools, advanced skills in Excel
- Experience within information management within State / Federal sector is preferred but not essential
- Experience delivering set outcomes with minimal supervision
- Advanced skills in written and verbal communication
- An ability to work with the Manager to set your own goals and report back on them autonomously
- Experience working effectively with team members towards mutual continued development and provide feedback to each other on analysis undertaken, including being able to conduct training sessions
Download the role description
We focus on hiring people who share our commitment and goals of inclusion, collaboration, adaptability, courage and integrity. If you meet the essential requirements and the role resonates with you, please apply – you do not need to meet every desired requirement for us to want to talk to you. We do work that really matters
Working for the Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) provides lots of opportunities to make a real difference. We collaborate with other agencies and community partners, to improve lives and realise the potential of children, adults, families and communities. We're focused on breaking, rather than managing, disadvantage. It’s work that really matters.
Apply now and join Australia’s top public sector employer where we will support you and provide an exciting and flexible working environment! Are you ready to join us?
Click apply, attach a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining how you meet the requirements of the role as well as an up-to-date résumé (maximum 5 pages). Applications close
14th June 2023 at 11:59pm AEST. Got a question?
For more information about the role or what it’s like to work for DCJ, please contact the hiring manager Preeti Gandhi at Preeti.Gandhi@facs.nsw.gov.au .
If you’ve got a question about applying or would benefit from an adjustment in the recruitment process to help you perform at your best, please email Jai Chopra at email@example.com . Inclusion and Diversity lies at the heart of how we recruit
We continue to hire great people with a wide variety of skills, experience and backgrounds. This includes people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people identifying as LGBTIQ+, culturally and linguistically diverse people, carers and other diversity groups.
To find out what DCJ are doing to build an inclusive and diverse workforce, visit our careers site .Other Information
A Talent Pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 18 months.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic some interviews and assessments may be performed using alternative methods. For more information visit Our Process . Thank you for your interest in this role. We look forward to receiving your application.