Every day, millions of containers are transported – and every third container is empty! We solve that problem.
How? The container is the single biggest innovation in logistics of the last century and has revolutionized not only an entire industry but also changed the way we live and do business. However, while this iron box itself is simple, standardized, and efficient; using and owning containers is an operational nightmare. Market transparency is limited, trust along the value chain is low and most processes are manual and error prone. Our mission is to change this—by providing a neutral platform for container owners and users to collaborate easily and efficiently. We’re here to connect global container logistics to take the hassle out of owning and transporting container equipment.
Data Analyst - Product (f/m/d)
As our Data Analyst, your mission is to grow the xChange marketplace transactions by analyzing underlying data of our marketplace funnels and deriving insights and hypothesis to drive optimized decision making within the product organization.
You fuel the growth of transactions performing day-to-day analytics along our marketplace funnels. This includes the preparation, analysis and interpretation of our transaction funnel data and communicating insights to internal stakeholders using relevant KPIs. You independently work with our product managers to identify areas of improvements and features that do not yield business results. For this you understand and present trends in data to help our product manager make the right decision and grow transactions.
You support product managers to set up and automate analytics for key features and you implement, maintain and automate data-models for recurring data inquiries. You are deliberately not building dashboards on request for business owners.
We focus on growing the overall transactions on our marketplace as we can capitalize on each and every transacted container. It’s key for the success of our marketplaces and will fuel growth within existing customers and new customers.
- Set up a scalable data warehouse for marketplace data with standard data-tables that automates the recurring data inquiries
- Interpret and analyze data with the help of statistical techniques and report the current results based on the analysis
- Use graphics/infographics for better visualization of results
- Providing support to product managers for setting up data analytics for new and existing features of our platform
- Regularly monitor the product and customer metrics for trend analysis and fluctuations in the market and share it with stakeholders
- Recommend product improvements and opportunities for xChange based on the market data insights to grow transactions on our marketplace.
- Experience in working on a database software, complex data sets and an ability to derive insights from unstructured data as well
- Experience in data modelling, data wrangling and data mining
- Detail Oriented with ability to organize tasks that cater to stakeholders demands and requests while meeting deadlines
- Knowledge about different statistical software for data analysis
- Knowledge of programming languages like R, Python, SAS etc. and willingness to learn new programming languages.
- You are open and transparent in all communication and promote a culture of collaboration
- You are a great communicator (our company language is English) and listener
- Ownership from day one! You will have full responsibility and creative freedom for the Container Leasing Marketplace
- A dynamic and international team with ~40 nationalities across our fast-growing 150 team members & extremely flat hierarchies
- A highly scalable product with a proven product-market fit ready to change the industry & do something good
- A great working atmosphere with an open-minded and collaborative culture—plus a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic colleagues who can´t wait for you to join
- A fast-paced work environment and complex intellectual challenges from day 1
- Great location – our office is in the city centre of Hamburg!
- Goes without saying: Flexible home-office rules, regular team events and of course a wide variety of fruits and drinks in the office
- All employees become shareholders in xChange
If this sounds like your future job, all we need is your CV which you can submit through the application link!