Senior Data Scientist
Introduction to the London Digital Hub (LDH)
With a remit across MS&AD group and its subsidiaries the team works to deliver best in class data solutions by working in tandem with other specialist functions including Pricing, Exposure, Reserving, Underwriting and Claims. There are two core disciplines: Engineering - tasked with collecting, validating and delivering data and split between architecture, stack and delivery; and Advanced Analytics – tasked with using data analysis methodologies including predictive modelling, machine learning algorithms, process automation and other methods to impact process and split between science, journalism and support.
About The Job
What you’ll spend your time doing:
Your primary task is to understand and analyse data so that you can make effective model recommendations. Effective stakeholder management and the ability to influence decision making are paramount.
You’ll provide guidance to our other data scientists, monitor the release of models into production, and be a sounding board for any model development making sure it represents best practice.
What you’ll need:
For this particular role there are levels of knowledge and experience we need you to have. These include:
- Proven and demonstratable experience in Data Science
- Experience of building statistical models
- Proven insight that helps deliver on strategic priorities
- Expertise in SQL, Python, Spark, NLP, and Julia
- Experience within an advanced analytics discipline
- The ability to handle stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge and skill
- A desire to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team
- Intellectual curiosity, communication and presentation skills