At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry's only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
Data Science & Analytics consists of the interpretation and analysis of data using statistical techniques, visualisation, and predictive analytics.
- Covers the development and implementation of databases, data collection systems, data analysis, and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality.
- Comprises the identification, analysis, and interpretation of trends or patterns.
- Works closely with business analyst and product manager to advise and jointly brainstorm on how analytics can assist in larger problem solving.
- Covers the blending of historical data from available customer network data sources, public information, field reports, or purchased sources and the performing of analysis to support business and product decisions.
- The Data Scientist handles crude data using the latest technologies and techniques which also comprises deep insight and knowledge in predictive analytics.
- Performs necessary analyses and presents acquired knowledge to his/her colleagues in an informative way.
- Integrates, centralises, protects, and maintains data sources.
- Ensures database accessibility to relevant stakeholders within the organisation and takes care for safety measures to keep stored data safe.
- Supports software engineering with specialised knowledge on big data processing.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
Overall responsibility of specified technical area.
- Leads and executes technical activities and projects within own responsibility area.
- Plans, designs, executes, analyses, reports and documents items in own area.
- Writes requirements, specifications and other guiding documentation for the internal customers from technical area point of view.
- Works mainly inside own process area in technical issues.
- Develops tools, methods and processes linked to the job.
- Estimates work amounts in own process area.
- Supports resource planning and organising.
- Consults, supports and guides own technical area's external interfaces.
- Is responsible for sharing knowledge and training in his / her expertise area.
- Seeks and communicates cost efficient solutions.
- Participates in problem isolation and resolution solving for serious problems.
- Gives technical support for Product Management, Customer Interface and other business lines.
- Promotes change in his / her environment.
- Has deep insight and knowledge in predictive analysis.
- Machine learning
- Cloud Computing
- Customer Requirement Management
- Feasibility Studies and requirement analysis
- Software Programming
- Software Testing
- Software Architecture and Design
- Solution Architecture
- Cultivates Innovation
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.