At MotoRefi, we're on a mission to put drivers in control of their auto payments. If you got your auto loan at the car dealership, you might be driving around not realizing that you are overpaying on your monthly car payment. By partnering with trusted lenders like credit unions and community banks, we save our customers money by getting them access to great rates and lower monthly payments.
In the last year alone, we grew revenue by 5x and raised a $50M Series B. We're built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries, and we're proud to be backed by a great team of venture capital investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
This role requires attendance at occasional in-person team meetings. As a result, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this position.
About the Job
MotoRefi is looking for a skilled Data Engineer to drive data as a first-class citizen across the company. You will be part of the Data Engineering team, building our foundational data platform, pipelines, and integrations to formulate multiple high-level, high-visibility business decisions and intelligence. You will mentor, train, and share data engineering best practices with others within engineering and analytics departments. You will participate in defining and championing architectural choices to implement self-service analytics and data requests, retaining data quality and trustworthiness, and providing consultative feedback to other teams in designing and modifying data models. You will leverage Airflow, BigQuery, and other tools comprising our modern data stack.
About the Role
This is what you will do on a daily basis.
- Compile SQL queries using dbt models to share across BI dashboards.
- Design data pipelines using Airflow DAGs to export data from our data warehouse and hydrate third-party APIs and datastores.
- Structure and maintain data marts in BigQuery to support stakeholders in understanding their specific needs using the context of the data lake across our entire company.
- Respond, triage, and fix data quality and observability issues to maintain stakeholder trust in company data.
- Provide constructive and actionable feedback on data-related initiatives to keep upstream data from other engineering teams plentiful and high-quality.
- Build world-class internal data tools and frameworks.
You most likely identify with many of these qualities:
- 1+ years of work experience working in the domain and tech described above.
- Crisp, clear, and effective communicator in writing, speaking, and coding.
- Collaborator who thrives in a social environment and contributes to enhancing and evolving current processes, so we can succeed as a team.
- Empathetic and considerate of not just first-order, but second-order and third-order effects of actions taken or not taken.
- Delivers high-quality work quickly, with confidence, and with a high degree of intentionality.
- Thinks and operates from the architectural level down to the details. Balances measuring twice and cutting once, while also always having a plan B for new situations.
- Curious and hungry learner who can apply and share knowledge and a growth mindset to both work and colleagues.
How we will take care of you
Everyone at MotoRefi is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Base salary of $100-130K annually
- Equity in a high growth startup
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, where we cover 100% (yes, 100%!) of the premium for you and your family, and a generous PTO plan
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Our Tech stack is not limited to this list but gives you a general flavor of our ecosystem: Rails, Kong, Airflow, Python, Node (NestJS), Typescript, GraphQL, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform, Argo CD & Workflows, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana
MotoRefi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.