You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes Avison Young a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for maintaining, validating, manipulating, and analyzing data and data processes within our Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), as well as our proprietary UI, AVANT. This includes the management of real estate data, as well as real estate adjacent data. Position entails daily and weekly data tasks, data sprints that support regional teams, as well as national product goals, in addition to longer term projects aimed at enhancing the platform though data. The technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing you provide to the entire Innovation & Insight Team will enable the group to provide data-driven decisions to internal stakeholders as well as external clients.
Furthermore, our system and processes are always evolving, therefore you will have a direct impact on how data is gathered, manipulated, cleansed, analyzed, and ingested, helping make strategic decisions about the future of the data.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization, by collaborating close with data scientists, the GIS team, the analytics team and the data architecture team
- Collaborate with a network of cross-functional colleagues to help provide data-driven solutions to key stakeholders and clients.
- Reviewing products daily and ensuring that core real estate data recently added to platform including properties, images, documents, companies, leases, sales, scoop and availabilities appear complete, consistent, high quality and are displaying correctly
- Collaborating, growing and optimizing best-in-class daily data collection processes to consolidate data sources, utilize automated workflows and engage with local resources to capture and enhance micro real estate data on properties, companies, availabilities, leases, sales and scoop, among other data verticals
- Understanding all aspects of the relationship between real estate developments, renovations, sales, tenancy/occupancy and leasing financials
- Strong interest in the commercial real estate industry
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge and experience using SQL
- Python and/or R is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Analytical skills to collect, organize, analyze, and understand information technically and practically
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- 0-2 years professional experience within data or real estate
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, computer science, data analytics, business or similar
- Strong English language oral and written language skills
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!