The Analytic Design team is mandated with developing, configuring, and maintaining Analytic Logic, tools, and processes to support the Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) Solutions group.
The VP Data Scientist will be responsible for helping to identify, implement, and manage application of the latest techniques in natural language processing, machine learning and distributed computing to drive business value. A successful candidate will not only be technically competent, but will be able to work collaboratively with business stakeholders to increase analytical efficiency, drive new business insights, and develop new products.
- Manage development and deployment of natural language processing solutions for extracting data and content as well as machine learning algorithms for predictive analytics
- Provide leadership in staying up to date with the developments in relevant technologies and market trends (including natural language processing and machine learning methods) to identify enhancements
- Work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders and partners to develop and release cutting-edge tools that address business needs
- Evaluate and apply sound software and architectural development practices in development and deployment of models as software products.
- Manage usage of cloud and distributed computing platforms for development and deployment
- Communication of results to business stakeholders and decision makers
- Speak internally and/ or at external events as required
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, with a specialization in Natural language processing, Machine Learning or related field
- 12+ years practical experience in Analytics including Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Quantitative analysis
- Proven track record of successfully building and deployment of natural language processing solutions, machine learning models, and similar applications
- Industry knowledge in working with ESG data is highly preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages is highly preferred: Python, R, and SQL
- Experience with one or more of the following Machine Learning frameworks is preferred: Scikit-Learn, Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch
- Experience with ML oriented AWS services (Sage Maker, Textract, Comprehend) would be an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous and analytical thought process and able to work independently
- Fluency in English a must
Moody’s ESG Solutions Group (MESGS) is a business unit of Moody’s Corporation serving the growing global demand for ESG and climate insights.. The group leverages Moody’s data and expertise across ESG, climate risk, and sustainable finance, and aligns with Moody's Investors Service (MIS) and Moody's Analytics (MA) to deliver a comprehensive, integrated suite of ESG and climate risk solutions including ESG scores, analytics, Sustainability Ratings and Sustainable Finance Reviewer/certifier services. It houses V.E and 427, both affiliates of Moody’s.
Moody's Shared Services (MSS)
Line of Business
Moody's Risk Assessment (MRA)
Engineering & Technology
Job Sub Category
Working at Moody's
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Securities Trading Policy (STP)
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.