We are at the dawn of a new era: the omic era. New ‘omic’ technologies revolutionize medicine and lifestyle by producing large datasets from the molecular analysis of human samples. Exact Sciences Proteomics aims to catalyze this revolution. We have developed a next-generation mass spectrometry pipeline allowing the mining of big data for the understanding of human health and disease states. Our mission at Exact Sciences Proteomics is to detect cancer earlier and ultimately improve patient outcome, and novel treatment possibilities. Our team is fueled by a diverse knowledgebase, including leading proteomic scientists and proteomics bioinformaticians and ML enthusiasts. Together, we aim to change the way we think about medical diagnostics and implement the latest omic technologies in clinical routine.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze research/experimental data, interpret the results, and provide insights into the next steps.
- Independently develop, plan, and conduct advanced research experiments, identify problems and discrepancies, analyze results, and identify and address trends in study data.
- Utilize and apply methods or technologies effectively and provide ideas for new techniques, when appropriate.
- Provide technical input and develop research plans, experimental outlines, and design.
- Prepare and provide information and data for scientific abstracts, industry conferences, project meetings, or publication.
- Present experimental results and defend scientific ideas and findings at group meetings.
- Work on problems that are diverse and complex in scope in which analysis of data requires in-depth evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Communicate goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding and success in achieving them.
- Promote an open, collaborative environment built on trust to foster positive teamwork.
- Assist in planning and recommendation of activities that account for prioritization of organizational and department goals.
- Communicate clearly and frequently with all levels of the organization; including team members, senior R&D leaders, project team members (core and extended), partners, and other stakeholders.
- Create high quality presentations that effectively communicate and tie into a cohesive story the experimental data and results.
- Ability to effectively work on several varied projects at one time, with frequent changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills with strong attention to detail.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Ability and means to travel between Exact Sciences locations.
- Master’s degree and/or PhD in natural sciences or computational sciences, preferably mathematics, physics, computational biology, biostatistics, data science
- 3+ years of professional experience in data science and commonly used tools in the field
- 3+ years of experience in algorithm development
- Proficiency in software development best practices (Python or R preferred)
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- PhD in natural sciences or computational sciences, preferably mathematics, physics, computational biology, biostatistics, data science, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in data science
- 5+ years of experience in algorithm development
- 2+ years of professional experience in industry-grade software development (preferably Python)
- Experience in working in an agile environment (e.g. Scrum)
- Familiarity with Docker, experience with development and deployment of containerized applications
- Proteomics or mass spectrometry knowledge
- Hands on experience with cloud development, especially AWS (in particular EC2, S3, ECS, RDS, Lambda)
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts and experience applying them in practice
- Provide leadership to a team of junior research associates and scientists.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email email@example.com.