SEB is a leading northern European financial services group, and at the same time, one of the largest IT employers in the Nordics. Banking is changing rapidly, and we are proud of our reputation for being entrepreneurial and innovative in the face of change. Our brilliant techies work hard to future proof SEB’s digital architecture and customer products because it genuinely makes a significant impact for our customers and colleagues.
Are you ready to play a key role as data engineer in supporting Technology (Corporate Functions) to enable SEB’s and Tech’s visions from a Finance, Risk and Compliance perspective? By strengthening our data acquisition and management capabilities. SEB is data-driven and customer-centric using data in an effective & ethical way to enable new business, automation and compliance with regulations
The main objective is to ensure accurate, consistent, complete and current data available to key stakeholders in SEB. Enabling teams to drive innovation and business adaptation.
What you will be doing
- Communicate with business stakeholders to understand the business requirements
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain IT solution aligned with business requirements
- Design, develop, validate, publish, and maintain physical data models required to implement business processes and solutions
- Design and develop new and modify existing data models to support data engineering activities
- Review and optimize existing data flows
- Communicate with technical and business stakeholders of data to ensure adequate solutions
- Conduct business process analysis and requirements gathering to develop formal data structures and data mapping specification
Who we are looking for
- Experience in creating and documenting relational (third normal form) and dimensional logical data models
- Proficiency in industry standard techniques for data modeling for core and mart layers of data warehouses, business intelligence models, and data products
- Proficiency in scripting or programming, preferably in Python, Java, Cobol
- Ability to analyze data (using SQL) to validate model hypotheses
- Good understanding of traditional data warehouses and preferably cloud data architecture patterns
- Curious mindset and willingness to continuous learning
- Self-propelled and driven
- Fluent spoken and written English and Swedish
We believe you are collaborative, have a positive can-do mindset. You are motivated to understand complex business initiatives, models and systems and enjoy ever-changing challenges. You have a passion for learning in general.
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to join an organisation where data is at the core, a friendly team to grow within, and extensive opportunities to build your network within the bank for further personal and professional growth.
Ready to join?
Attach your CV and a personal letter describing yourself and how you can contribute to SEB. Since we select candidates on running basis, feel free to send in your application today, but no later than 2022-09-01. If you have questions about the position, please contact Andreas Gustavsson, Team manager BI solutions 1, by mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEB Sweden has a redeployment responsibility, why this position might be covered by internal redeployment.
Welcome to a community of tech-savvy and passionate employees from all corners of the world. SEB is in fact one of the largest IT employers in the Nordics. Together we future proof a world of financial flows by exploring and implementing modern digital architecture and state-of-the-art technology. We are driven by collaboration, insight, and friendship. But also, a desire to change and improve. All in all, it creates a balance - where life and a stable yet exciting job can co-exist. If you want to shape tomorrow's bank - continue reading and apply today.
Read more: sebgroup.com/techcareers