Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles.About Us
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.Job Description
The Data Science team lies at the foundation of Zoom’s success - you'll be working cross-functionally with teams of engineers, scientists, marketers, and product professionals on some of the most critical projects in the company - whether it's exploratory research to predict user behavior, or running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, or developing machine learning models that deliver “happiness” to our users more consistently and at scale. If you are passionate about data engineering and looking to join a fun and fast-moving team, we’d love to meet you! Our team is taking Zoom's data culture to the next level by integrating predictive models into our infrastructure, and we are looking for someone like you to help us get there! This role is based in Bangalore, IndiaResponsibilities
- Own and optimize Zoom’s data architecture to address the data needs of our rapidly-growing business
- Join a group of passionate people committed to delivering “happiness” to our users and to each other
- Partner with data scientists, sales, marketing, operation, and product teams to build and deploy machine learning models that unlock growth
- Build custom integrations between cloud-based systems using APIs
- Write complex and efficient queries to transform raw data sources into easily accessible models by coding across several languages such as Java, Python, and SQL
- Architect, build, and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to the team
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you create
- 3 or more years of relevant software engineering experience (Python, Scala and Java) in a data-focused role
- Passion for creating data infrastructure technologies from scratch using the right tools for the job
- A knack for writing, clean, readable, maintainable code
- Comfort with open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Expertise in building out data pipelines, efficient ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- Experience with AWS tools
- Proven track-record of solving complex data processing and storage challenges through scalable, fault-tolerant architecture
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here.Explore Zoom
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site.