At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for your customers?
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems relies on our team to provide the insights needed to drive performance across a broad range of strategic activities.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Principal Data Scientist
in Melbourne Florida
to design and develop automated, end-to-end, ETL pipelines, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) solutions, and Data Analytics/Visualization solutions from disparate data sources.
You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics systems that change the way we see and use data. We are looking for people who are self-motivated, hardworking, and have demonstrated the ability to find innovative solutions to complex technical problems.Job Responsibilities
Basic Qualifications for Sr. Principal Data Scientist:
- Design, develop, and maintain a scalable Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) pipelines.
- Enable storing, searching, processing, and securing of extremely large structured or unstructured data sets.
- Data preparation/cleaning, integration, and automation from heterogeneous sources
- Ensure data integrity and system availability
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend core technologies and strategies
- Monitor and optimize system performance
- Decomposition of user requirements into logical functions/components
- Bachelor's degree in STEM with 9 years of related experience; Masters degree in STEM with 7 years of related experience. PhD with 4 years of related experience.
- Understanding of elastic data storage and archive storage lifecycle management
- Experience with Data Science practices for prescriptive, predictive, diagnostic, descriptive, and cognitive analytics through automation, storage elasticity, and on-demand self service provisioning of all data types and lifecycles.
- Experience with Tableau development or similar data application development.
- Experience with SQL (structure query language) and relational databases.
- Experience with graphic design background, creating user interfaces, and user focused dashboards.
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing experience.
- Proven ability to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain an active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain Program Access (PAR) within a reasonable amount of time
- Master's degree in STEM with 7 years of related experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with ETL techniques and frameworks.
- Expert in Python, SQL, and data visualization tools.
- Development experience utilizing Hadoop, Spark, PowerShell, and automation scripts.
- Familiarity with Data Virtualization and Data Cataloging tools (e.g. Denodo, Collibra).
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (e.g., MongoDB, Neo4J, etc.)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Current DOD Top Secret clearance.
$123,400 - $185,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.