Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referrral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for discovering information hidden in our data to derive value for products and services, improve decision making, and build predictive algorithms to enhance outcomes and economic value for our Commercial Sales Operations team.
Who We Want
. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
What You Will Do
- Translate stakeholder requirements to potential data science solutions independently.
- Build and deliver presentations and communications that explain critical functions and findings to stakeholders with some guidance.
- Identify opportunities where machine learning can be applied to real-world business opportunities with key stakeholders.
- Work with complex Azure Synapse Analytics data that is fed from multiple ERP sources, as your source for building the front-end Power BI reports.
- Leverage the business semantic layer and models to migrate existing reports to the Azure Synapse Analytics data and for developing new and insightful reporting for the Commercial Operations team.
- Provide tactical execution and delivery of projects within the team's project portfolio.
- Partner across Stryker to apply artificial intelligence and cloud-based systems that utilize and create data to improve strategic decision-making.
- Maintain information on activities that support operations performance metrics and operations process improvement.
- Develop processes and procedures to support the operations process and participate in the development of requirements for operations support systems.
- Apply fundamental and advanced concepts, practices and procedures for problem solving.
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree in data science, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related field with applicable data science work experience.
- 2+ years of work experience required.
- Master's Degree or PhD in Data Science or quantitative discipline preferred.
- Advanced experience with Power BI required including developing and creating visualizations, including various types of visualizations.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server & SQL skills and thorough understanding of database constructs required.
- Familiarity with cloud-based native tools such as data storage, distributed computing, business intelligence, and infrastructure as code including Power BI, Azure Portal, ADF, and Databricks required.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming and data structures required.
- Proficiency in at least two statistical techniques (e.g. time series modelling, classification, computer vision) required.
- Familiarity with Git for versioning control preferred.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language central to AI and Data Science (e.g. Python, R, Scala, Spark) required.
- Demonstrate financial acumen to develop financial impacts for existing projects and evaluating new opportunities preferred.
$83,000 - $176,800 salary plus bonus eligible + Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Wellbeing Program, Employee Stock Purchase Program). This information reflects the anticipated salary range for this position based on current national data. Actual minimum and maximum may vary based location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience, and other relevant factors.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com