About The Project
- Full-time, 12 Month Fixed Term position
- Salary HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangement
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working
The Workforce Innovation and Development Institute (WIDI) drives innovation in education, training and applied research to enable the growth and transformation of the social service industry.
We are placing the people who are directly affected at the centre of our work to help us set priorities, co-design solutions, and lead and guide the transformation of service approaches.
WIDI is developing an innovative new workforce insights system purposefully designed with the social services sector and government. This new system will produce data visualisations and insights capable of providing decision makers responsible for workforce planning and development with ongoing comprehensive workforce intelligence.The Project Will Source Data Though WIDI’s Existing Relationship With The Australian Bureau Of Statistics (ABS) And Its National Data Linkage System, The Multi Agency Data Integration Project (MADIP) To Establish a Workforce Data Set That Will Include Data Visualisations And Insights Across Six Domains
About The Role
- Organisational data - The characteristics of employers
- Workforce demographics – The characteristics of the workforce
- Qualifications, training and education – The knowledge and skills of the workforce
- Job role and conditions – The types of jobs and their conditions of the workforce
- Worker wellbeing and outlook – The wellbeing and perceptions of the workforce
- Experience, career pathways and job history – The work experience of the workforce
You will be part of a new team established to build a robust workforce data set for Australia’s largest and fastest growing industry, the social service sector. Drawing from a new and innovative new approach that links government big data sets, you will produce analysis and insights of the social services workforce, including the size, demographics, location, skills, experience, career pathways and more. You will work with the Project Team to apply workforce insights to key social services policy issues including workforce planning, forecasting and development initiatives.To Be Successful In This Position, You’ll Have
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
- Experience working with large, relational, complex data sets to produce insights
- A strong quantitative background with familiarity with common epidemiological statistical models/tools
- Proven capability in at least one of the following programming languages: R, Python, SAS, Stata, SPSS or similar
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert advice on the use and interpretation of data.
- Ability to communicate and interpret workforce data analysis to provide insights for a wide range of audiences in social services and government
- Excellent communication skills including experience producing high quality reports, briefings and other project-related documentation to a high professional standard within deadlines
Please submit your CV
and covering letter
addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply
’ link below.
Senior Data Analyst - WIDIApplications Close
10 Oct 2022 11.59 pmRMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak here.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.