Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The Principal Machine Learning Scientist will play a leadership hands-on role in supporting engineering efforts to limit downtime and increase efficiency of our automated system. Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced and creative environment.
- We are looking for an expert in machine learning to help us extract value from our data. You will lead all the processes from data collection, cleaning, and preprocessing, to training models and deploying them to production
- Drive the implementation of Symbotic Predictive Maintenance Systems (PMS) to monitor system health and improve equipment uptime by scheduling maintenance in advance
- Select technologies, work in synergy with Data Team, Embedded Controls Team and Strategic partnership to identify the solution that best fit Symbotic use cases
- Write requirements and documentation for upper management to drive implementation and establish short- and long-term development and gains
- Explore how you can build a machine learning model to do predictive maintenance of systems
- Implement predictive maintenance techniques to help determine the condition of in-service equipment in order to estimate when maintenance should be performed.
- From the data found, you will report findings and coordinate/collaborate with Customer Operations to allow convenient scheduling of corrective maintenance, and to prevent unexpected equipment failures.
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Managing available resources such as hardware, data, and personnel so that deadlines are met
- Analyzing the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning
- PhD in computer science, Data Science, Statistics, or related field.
- Extensive data modeling and data architecture skills
- Experience in modelling complex and embedded controls
- Programming experience in Python, R or Java
- Background in machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Keras
- Knowledge of Hadoop or another distributed computing systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in examining a model in production, to understand where the areas of opportunity are to improve performance
- Experience in developing UIs and tools to understand model attribution. An understanding of methods for explainable AI/ML through occlusion, gradient analysis etc. is highly desired
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.