Are you a student with an interest in data and automation with an affinity for technology? If you're looking for an opportunity to gain some relevant experience while completing your study, this could be a great chance to get acquainted with a SaaS organisation within the fintech space that's on a mission to prevent fraud and mistakes in payments.
For this position we need someone with a good grasp of data and experience with Python (but we're always open for suggestions if you know a better way). We're looking for someone to help us to automate the search for account and name information on public sources to extend our data coverage. The current input is an Excel/CSV file and we want to automate our search for data and provide the output in Excel (at first). The project doesn't have to end there though, once that has been completed and you're hungry for more, we want you to start building a web crawler per country.
You'll work closely with our technology and product teams and have the opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues in these areas.
Is this you?
- Currently completing a relevant HBO / WO study (for example in Computer or Data Science or Econometrics) and looking for a student job or internship
- Experience with Python
- Trustworthy and reliable. You'll get the freedom to work autonomously, so it's important that you take responsibility!
- Proficient in English
- Hands on and creative
- You have a natural curiosity. The way this assignment is undertaken is not set in stone, so you have the freedom to explore ways which you think would work best
- You work in a precise and responsible way. You will be validating data that will be used and relied on by our customers
- You are available for at least 8 hours with at least 2 of these being within normal working hours (mo-fri, 08:30 - 17:00 hr).
What do we offer?
- Flexible min-max contract with an hourly rate of €14,- excluding holiday allowance (8%) and Personal Benefit Budget (8%).
- NS Business Card, in case you do not have a student OV to travel with
- Hybrid work environment, so you have the freedom to work from home
- SurePay appliances (Macbook and iPhone with business phone number)
- A young company with a flat structure
- A position with a lot of freedom
- State of the art technology that you will work with
- The opportunity to learn from experienced developers and work with experienced professionals in multiple fields
- Founded in 2016
- ± 75 employees
- 20+ nationalities
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payments easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a fast-growing FinTech SaaS company and have secured our Series A funding in September 2021. SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is being backed by three leading investors, Rabo Frontier Ventures, Connected Capital and Iris Capital.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we're working hard to scale further in Europe while continuing to build our talented and driven team. Currently, we're working according to agile methodologies with 5 scrum teams and a business team made up of various disciplines.
You might know us from our leading product, the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. It's used by millions of people on a daily basis and is incorporated into payment platforms of banks, corporates and governmental bodies throughout the Netherlands and the UK. We recently also connected to France, meaning we have started providing cross-border checks. We are planning to continue expanding within Europe, bringing our mission of preventing fraud and misdirected payments. Not only are we entering new markets, but also growing our services and product offering through continuous innovation.
SurePay's core values are; We Care
, Build Together
, Think Forward
and Be Responsible
. These core values are the driver's of our culture and can be seen as guidelines on our beliefs and behaviour. It defines what we find important as a company and the way we work together everyday.
- We Care: We are a supportive employer and understand that health, family and safety is what really matters. We care about our employees, customers, partners and end-users. Therefore we value creating a safe workspace where everybody can be their authentic self and where we, together, work on the same mission to provide safer payments.
- Build Together: We believe in teamwork and strive towards the best results together with employees and customers. Our diversity, both personal and professional, is one of our key strengths.
- Think Forward: We are frontrunners and are on top of our game. Our customers can rely on innovative solutions to service their current and future needs. With a problem solving mindset, we anticipate challenges and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Be Responsible: We all contribute to reaching our mission of reducing fraud and misdirected payments, leading to a positive impact on society. We take responsibility, show ownership and make honest decisions.