NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The NBCUniversal Television & Streaming division develops and schedules quality programming for our broadcast and cable networks (NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, USA, Universal Kids), NBC Sports, and Peacock -- connecting people to content they love, where they want to watch, and when they want to watch it.
As part of the TV & Streaming division, the Corporate Decision Sciences group sits at the intersection of technology, data, and entertainment, working on exciting problems and opportunities arising from today’s ever changing media landscape. The group focuses on projects that answer fundamental media questions, drive strategy, and inform on key programming decisions using innovative techniques, advanced analytics, and data science principles, enabling data-driven decision support across the Company.
The Senior Data Scientist
will be part of a team of data scientists and engineers that focus on the design and execution of advanced data exploration, data mining, inference and prediction across all types of content and across traditional TV and Digital measurement data sets. The Senior Data Scientist will work closely with internal clients, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and IT across all NBCUniversal businesses.
- Provide methodological leadership within a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers in the development of new methods and/or the application of advanced methods for analysis, prediction and inference of viewing behaviors and content performance measurement and optimization
- Develop and deliver high-impact insights, visualizations, and tools built on aggregated, large panel and user-level data sets and advanced algorithms with a clean user experience
- Communicate complex solutions clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
- Think critically about data and the appropriate pairings of uses cases and data to inform content strategy and tactical decisions
- Manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad-hoc and operational projects
- Master's Degree in a quantitative field (Data Science or Statistics preferred; degrees in Economics, Mathematics, or Computer Science, etc. will also be considered)
- Expert knowledge in SQL, Python, or R (additional languages like Julia, Java, Scala a plus)
- Experience in Data Science, advanced analytics, or a similar function applying statistical and supervised/unsupervised machine learning modeling techniques for inference and prediction (i.e. regression, classification, clustering, time series, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization techniques and concepts (experience with Tableau preferred)
- 2+ years of experience using relational databases and SQL and large dataset environments
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team cooperation
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- Experience using cloud computing environments; experience with Spark, Databricks, and AWS a plus
- Experience with television ratings and digital measurement tools (Nielsen, Rentrak, comScore, Omniture, etc.)
- Commitment to building an inclusive work environment
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.