Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Data Engineer
As part of the GRM OR Analytics Team, you will partner with Operational Risk subject matter experts (SMEs) to use data-driven decision-making in monitoring and managing various aspects of risk. You will design and execute more efficient Data Engineering and DevOps processes, as well as work with (including but not limited to): GitHub, Jenkins, Spark, PySpark, SQL, and Tableau. You will also collaborate with a highly skilled team of Data Engineers and Data Analysts to further deliver value to the organization.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the development and operation of data pipelines (ETLs, DAGs, etc) and dashboards used to ingest and transform a variety of data sources for reporting
- Work closely with business partners and IT teams to design and develop integrated reporting solutions to serve operational risk
- Define and implement code quality management controls and best practices in software development (e.g. pull request reviews, unit testing, CI/CD, etc)
- Identify and implement improvements in data processes, tools, and technologies; to improve team efficiency and scalability of the application
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of Data Analysts and Data Engineers, ensuring prioritization of activities aligns with the strategic direction of operational risk
- What do you need to succeed?
- BSc. or Masters in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science; or any quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience performing common ETL operations on structured datasets
- 3+ years of experience in developing, supporting, and maintaining Tableau dashboards
- Strong data profiling, cleaning, and mining skills
- Experience with common DevOps tools; e.g. Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with source version control such as GitHub
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal
- Solid understanding of data management practices and data pipelines
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem HDFS/Spark/Hive
- Experience in leading and managing software projects involving multiple teams/individuals
- Strong working knowledge of Operational Risk Management concepts and processes
- Knowledge of Project Management (PMF) processes/disciplines
- Experience working with databases
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Group Risk Management
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.