This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
As a member of the Supply Chain team, you will be responsible for support in one of the key areas: warehouse operations, supply chain systems and processes, launch execution and scheduling and material management.
You will act as a liaison between purchasing, engineering, warehousing/manufacturing, logistics and suppliers to resolve issues and to provide support.
Executes results in support of the supply chain organization's business objectives. Guides of one of the key areas within the Global Supply Chain to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded in all areas including customer, quality, service, responsiveness, people, product and financial initiatives.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Improve existing demand forecasting statistical or machine learning methods by incorporating multiple data sources, testing model improvements, running computational experiments, and fine-tuning model parameters for new forecasting models
- Use statistical models and machine learning tools to scientifically quantify macro changes from marketing, merchandising, and pricing, to answer key growth challenges related to promotional planning, user segmentation, and network planning
- Employing Proof-of-Concepts for exploratory and targeted data analyses, leading to breakthrough solutions.
- Evaluate and maintain Mercia (Bayesian time series method) and Neural Net Forecasting parameters to accurately update forecasts and to drive supplier schedules.
- Develop processes for root causing of forecasting errors.
- Work with IT and outside partners to improve forecasting methods.
- Lead, develop, and implement specialized forecast reviews.
- Responsible for developing UAT test cases and complete testing in Model Office to support minor enhancements and Mercia/NNF upgrades.
- Understand Mercia Requirements Planning module functionality.
- Work with other groups within CCA to ensure alignment on near and long-term forecasting impacts.
- Develop forecasting accuracy metrics to monitor forecasting performance at a macro level.
- Ad hoc data analysis using SQL developer, Power BI, MS Access, etc.
- Support lean inventory initiatives through forecast and order management.
- Develop and maintain process mapping and documentation.
- Master's or PhD degree in Supply Chain Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent experience
- Experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Python)
- Experience working with Machine Learning/Deep Learning for real world problems
- Experience building production-quality data science models including classification, clustering, regression, random forest and time series techniques and advanced machine learning models
Compensation: Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The median level of salary compensation for this role is $109,283
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.