We're looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help us provide data driven insight on our product and business. You'll be working with our product teams to investigate trends and patterns in customer behaviour, highlight opportunities and insights and work with our products
teams to operationalize those learnings. While based out of our Vancouver, Toronto, or Ottawa office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to the Director, Business & Product Insights and Data Analytics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Create data driven models to identify patterns of successful customer behavior, correlations to performance improving usage scenarios and impact data based on those models
- Oversee the usage of existing data sources and recommend new data sources to provide always accurate and reliable measures of our customer outcomes
- Measure usage of analytics products within the Hootsuite catalogue
- Work with Product, Business and Customer Success teams to leverage the key insights into outcomes that the teams can act upon
- Develop specs, proposals and standard processes to manage large complex data sets to enable and enhance complex analysis and provide insights to business
- Undertake complex analysis, but instilling key insights in a simple model for business stakeholders to understand and review
- Build dashboards, reports and metrics to help teams measure and monitor success
- Present data and insights in a clear and concise manner through the use of visuals, slide decks, and in unconventional ways
- Ability to leverage the power of SQL, R or Python in building reproducible and concise analysis
- Contribute to the team's efforts to create and maintain training and project documentation
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Senior level work experience analyzing data and developing advanced dashboards
- Advanced querying with SQL
- Ability to analyze data and create compelling visual dashboards with Tableau
- Advanced skills with spreadsheet software (Google Sheets and/ Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with Salesforce datasets and SaaS Sales is a plus
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.