A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an analytical, outgoing, intelligent and ambitious person to work as a Data Analyst Apprentice in a dynamic, growing organisation.
Monday - Friday (9- 5.30)
Detailed Job Description
We are looking for an entry-level Business Intelligence Data Analyst to help our team deliver Management Information (MI) and Business Intelligence (BI) using Gartner Leading BI solutions. The role will train you to use a mix of both strong technical and interpersonal skills using Tableau, QlikView, Qlik Sense and Power BI. This is a rewarding opportunity to work with an innovative organisation in a growing team. Exposure will go beyond technology and focus on outcomes driven solution implementation, in an array of verticals. Whist the position is in the BI Practice, it will offer regular exposure to all areas of the business by sheer virtue of the role. The BI Developer will serve both internal and external customers and therefore be client facing.
- Ongoing exposure to new and exciting technology platforms in an ever-changing data landscape
- Boost your professional profile with progressive technology certification gained from hands on learning and application experience
- Working with a wide range of datasets from web performance, Internet-of-Things generated data, oil rig performance data
- A chance to work with leading household brands as BWM, Sony, East Midlands Trains, Tesco Mobile, Volkswagen Group and many more
- Exposure to thought leaders in the space of Analytics and Data Science when working on combined initiative projects
- And you'll achieve certification in key BI technologies Once trained your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Gathering BI requirements, liaising with internal departments, and present the input back in a simplified format for client buy in and sign off . Challenging and verifying data quality that may hinder delivery of BI projects, working closely with the Database Development and Quality Assurance teams
- Project management of the BI element of wider projects using collaboration tools such as Basecamp, Confluence, whilst keeping the client informed and engaged throughout the iterative development cycle is imperative to the success of the project
- Maintaining transparency during this project management phase with ability to spot and highlighting any impediments and appropriately sharing with the internal delivery team and clients
- Researching and knowledge sharing in the BI Practice continually looking for new ways of approaching BI challenges and sharing findings with the team
- Documenting new and existing dashboard implementations to support hand over to other team members, the client and the Service Delivery team
- Supporting the sales process by demonstrating how technology and process tackle MI and BI challenges
- A growing number of clients require face to face onsite presence. Some opportunities will involve travel and working at the client site for periods ranging from a few days a week to full time onsite presence. Merkle has a global foot print thus some opportunities will take you around the continent and further afield.
- A keen interest in all things Data. 2) Good communication skills 3) Helpful attitude- ability to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
A positive attitudeStrong communication skillsWillingness to learn