Line of Service
Delivering Deal Value
Job Description & Summary
To solve important problems we need diverse talent. Our people use their creativity, authenticity and human differences to be champions of change. When people from diverse backgrounds, with different points of view, work together, we create incredible value - for our clients, our people and our society. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
Life isn’t simple. The challenges facing us all are complex, chewy and carry real risk. So at PwC, we’ve created ‘The New Equation’, a global strategy to tackle the challenges facing businesses and society. We’re coming together in new, creative ways to blend our experiences and uncover new, unexpected solutions. We focus on building trust, delivering sustained outcomes and helping our clients solve their most important problems.
Today’s challenges need a fresh angle. Your ingenuity, passion and experience, combined with the latest technology, can provide the answers we need. Together, we are a passionate community of solvers coming together in unexpected ways, creating new solutions for a new day.
We’re in the transformation business - for our clients and our people. We're a diverse, ambitious team who hunt for imaginative ways to solve our clients' most important challenges. You'll get to work with the latest technologies, in an environment that empowers you to think differently.
Deals bring this to life by helping a diverse range of domestic and overseas businesses from deal-concept to deal-close. Offering services across the deal spectrum including due diligence, valuations, modelling, corporate finance and data-driven insights to enable clients to improve their decision making and ensure they realise the full value of their company.
The role of the Deal Analytics team covers a broad spectrum: from helping PwC client delivery teams to process complex or large data obtained from M&A targets; through to the design and implementation of analytics solutions directly for our Deals clients.
As a Senior Associate within our fast-growing data analytics team, you will work as part of a specialist data integration team embedded in our wider Deals team who provide data analytics services across transactions, strategy and operations.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Be part of a team who implements automated data solutions to help clients achieve their true data potential.
- Build complex data solutions to serve advanced analytics and corporate insights.
- Help innovate with the latest cloud technologies and trial the latest services, features and enhancements available.
- Bring both database systems and functional programming experience together to aid the development of the next generation of business intelligence solutions.
- Must have a real passion for working big data and have an interest in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with data.
You will need:
Advantageous but not essential to have:
- Experience working with data transformation and integration tools such as Databricks, Azure Data Factory or be able to demonstrate the use of other Cloud based or legacy ETL products.
- Use of SQL in operational data source or data warehouse systems. Need to be able to demonstrate the ability to navigate advanced data structures.
- Functional programming background within a data and analytics capacity. Desirable languages include Scala, Python, C#, Node JS and R.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and be able to demonstrate successful data projects through good process management.
There’s huge opportunity to learn and grow your capabilities in technologies which makes data and analytics a success. Not all the skills above are essential and if you meet some of these requirements and are eager to gain a deeper knowledge in this fast-paced field then we encourage you to apply.
- Design experience with modelling data, documenting data lineage and master data management.
- Show understanding of APIs and ideally have experience using or building solutions on cloud-based vendor platforms.
- Use of Azure Git Repositories, Jira or Github to manage source control and build automated pipeline deployments.
- Have a grasp of traditional data warehouse concepts including Type 1 & Type 2 SCDs.
- Knowledge or practical experience with data preparation tools such as Alteryx Designer, Power Query, Tableau prep or equivalent.
- Use of PowerBI, Tableau, Qik or other visualisation software to present analytical output.
- Experience building machine learning models in mature data ecosystems whether this is programmatically or with popular ML tools.
Working here carries prestige, but that’s not the only benefit. We want you to be at your best here, and we’re focused on helping you do it, your way. Here are some of the ways we create balance between your work life and non-work life.
Our purpose is to solve the world’s most important problems together. Join our community of solvers, and bring your experience, passion and expertise to our world.
- Flexible daily working hours - we value work-life balance
- Work overseas or interstate - we know how precious time is with your family and friends
- Paid study (and leave!) - we’ll pay all the costs and give you time off to study
- Dress for your day - we trust you to choose what works best for you
- Yearly bonuses - get rewarded for great performance!
- Health & fitness perks, like a wellness stipend and discounted memberships
- Generous parental leave policy for mums, dads and foster carers
We believe the best work is human-led and tech-powered.. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Steph Alderton is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.
PwC is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, as well as visitors to our offices and events.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
December 17, 2022