What is the Opportunity?
As a Data Scientist specialized in a subdomain product, you will analyze, design and implement data science solutions using RBC’s enterprise suite of analytics tools. Leveraging leading edge technologies and capabilities, we apply a variety of domain specific machine learning and statistical modelling techniques to help RBC understand the changing business environment, discover new growth opportunities and determine where business improvements can be made.
What will you do?
- Interact with multiple RBC teams to understand, ideate and implement solutions, spanning multiple statistical/ML areas with key focus on Responsible AI, Experimental Design, NLP and Bayesian Inference.
- Automate manual model validation tests to increase efficiency
- Evaluate department models to ensure the high-quality and unbiased models delivered to business
- Provide continuous model performance feedback through model monitoring processes to identify model drifts and market change impacts.
- Interpret machine learning models to help business understand model decisions to enhance AI acumen
- Improve existing packages and develop new packages by researching and applying new technologies to ensure algorithms and processes are efficient and up-to-dated.
- Prepare, parse and integrate large and varied structured and unstructured data sets to build statistical and machine learning models.
- Work with stakeholders to validate and quantify accuracy and precision of analysis and business impact. Work closely with other product team members and present findings to stakeholders clearly
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong python programming skills including package development and testing. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of python development experience
- Excellent knowledges in statistical, machine learning and deep learning libraries and frameworks. Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of hands-on modeling working experience
- Master or PhD on Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or similar fields. PhD is preferred.
- Familiarity with collaborative software development tools (git, issue tracking) and *nix environments
- Experience with machine learning and statistical methods, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, model assessment and selection
- Ability to perform complex data analysis and present findings to stakeholders. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) across peers and senior leaders
Nice to have:
- Previous finance experience is preferred
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/30/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 349357