Onto Innovation is a leader in process control, combining global scale with an expanded portfolio of leading-edge technologies that include: 3D metrology spanning the chip from nanometer-scale transistors to micron-level die-interconnects; macro defect inspection of wafers and packages; metal interconnect composition; factory analytics; and lithography for advanced semiconductor packaging. Our breadth of offerings across the entire semiconductor value chain helps our customers solve their most difficult yield, device performance, quality, and reliability issues. Onto Innovation strives to optimize customers’ critical path of progress by making them smarter, faster and more efficient.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Data Scientist will join advanced numerics R&D teams in Singapore and Milpitas, California. The highly self-motivated individual will work closely with data/research scientists, software developers and application scientists to innovate, prototype, validate, implement and test advanced data analysis algorithms that enhance optical metrology performance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interface with application scientists and marketing to understand and analyze customers’ requirements and technology gaps.
- Work in a team or individually to innovate new concepts, develop new/improved methods and machine learning algorithms to address customers’ requirements and close technology gaps.
- Collect and analyze technical data, propose improvements, and formulate solutions.
- Conceptualize, design and fine-tune algorithms and find the best approach to solve a specific problem.
- Prototype, validate, and implement advanced algorithms that enhance optical metrology performance.
- Define new features, create software requirement documents, prepare and perform test plans.
- Play a key role in technology development and ensuring customer adoption for optical metrology data analysis solutions
Onto Innovation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life/disability, PTO, 401K plan with employer match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) along with health & wellness initiatives.
We provide a collaborative working environment along with resources, and state-of-the-art tools & equipment to promote success; and a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture where individuals are recognized for their contributions.