You’re more than just a statistician made to sound sexy. You’re a happy, hands-on, passionate analyst who can write code and knows math.
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd. is a Surrey-based, rapidly growing metal products company. With 95 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now service our Global customers by providing traditional site furnishing and castings in new and innovative ways. We are an agile small business with limitless growth plans that extend far beyond simple metal products. Today, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented people to join our team.
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to develop comprehensive machine learning models for various smart-city and related IoT products. You will be in charge of managing and orchestrating large amounts of raw, real-time data. We will rely on you to build exceptional data products to extract and deliver valuable business insights for our customers. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math, maybe some physics, and certainly statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. Your goal will be to help our customers analyze trends that matter to them and to empower their decision-making process with actionable data.
- Work within our digital products team to establish optimal data collection process and techniques.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns to deliver valuable insights.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Present information using awesome data visualization techniques that cut through the noise.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
Required Qualifications/ Preferences:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist, preferably in a lead role.
- Direct experience developing and training machine learning models.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. AWS QuickSight, Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop).
- Analytical mind and business acumen.
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra).
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You can summarize the complex into the simple.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field is preferred.
- Happy! You were born with this special gene whereby your glass is always Full.
- Hustle Factor: You don’t get discouraged by objections, and you get persistent when it comes to reaching your goals.
- Passionate: You’re all about solving real problems, not just “pitching.”
- Results-driven: You're able to think on your feet and love overcoming obstacles.
- Adaptability: You are open to feedback and coaching and ready to take your skills to the next level.
- Organization: You know how to allocate your time effectively.
- Empathetic: You’re a good listener who knows how to get a real sense of customer's needs.
- Customer Focused: You’re always thinking about how to add value for the Customer.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously with speed and accuracy.
Why should you apply?
- Full time position with a competitive benefits package, and salary structure.
- Reliance Foundry celebrates successes with fun company gatherings, luncheons, and other perks!
- We believe in an environment that encourages a positivity while pursuing high standards.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and wage requirements to:
Jazz, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.