- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- Experience with AWS BI stack (e.g., Redshift, QuickSight)
- Experience working in on early stage program or start-up
- Experience creating database designs for mobile apps, hardware
- Ability to invent new metrics and create the supporting data architecture
- Experience communicating, both written and verbal, directly with the business team
Location is flexible and open to remote work.
We are looking for a data engineer to join our growing BI team. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.Description of Glow:
“A new-to-world virtual, connected, and projected interaction model designed to help children and remote loved ones play, create, read, learn and have fun together as if they are right next to each other.”
As a data engineer on the Glow team you will have an immediate impact on our business by working with software engineers and product managers to ensure data from our product is structured in a way that can drive our business results.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
- Design, implement, and support an analytical data infrastructure for Amazon Glow
- Interface with software and hardware engineers teams to ingest data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS big data technologies
- Work closely with product managers to define new data collection requirements
- Improve ongoing automation and self-service support empowering stakeholders to access data independently
Must be able to deal with ambiguity where the requirements are from a business problem.
Needs to be adaptable and open to changes in the role and data architecture requirements as the business evolves.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.