At UL, we know why we come to work.:
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Under general supervision, assists with the definition, collection, analysis, and presentation of employee related data including personal information, professional background, and compensation. Provides input on data reliability, refresh rates and other maintenance issues to the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) team for reconciliation. The HR Data Analyst ensures data accuracy, interprets data to assist in planning and developing human resource management decisions including trends analysis and predictive analytics. This role will also help obtain user feedback on usability of data sources such as HR reports, dashboards, HCM and other tools and HR best practices.
What youâll learn & achieve::
- Ensures a common definition of core HR metrics and standard measurement approaches (e.g., 12-week rolling average for attrition). Provides easy access for users to definitions. Builds definitions in phases to achieve higher levels of data maturity across HR and prepare for HR system enhancements.
- Develops and implements data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Creates and maintains visualization tools, including dashboards, and obtains feedback from users on usability and functionality. Ensures data can be used at the level required to draw insights (e.g., drop-down menus allow for the appropriate “cuts” of data).
- Conducts periodic audits to ensure data consistency and reliability among multiple tools and data sources. Provide suggestions for automation of processes (e.g., scripts). Identifies discrepancies and suggested solutions and owners. Helps track on-going improvements to mitigate future risks.
- Supports specific requests for root cause and predictive analyses at the enterprise and Business Unit/Functional level. Interprets data and analyzes results using statistical techniques.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets. Develops people metric insights and creates methods for predictive analysis.
- Assists in coaching and knowledge sharing with HR practitioners to move into a more data-driven function. Provides support on the best way to use reports, and other HR tools and technologies, and share insights with clients.
- Reads and follows the UL Code of Conduct and follow all physical and digital security practices.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit::
- University Degree (3 years of experience, or advanced degree) in HR Data and Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management, Statistics, or a related discipline and generally three plus years of experience in data and statistical analysis strongly preferred.
- Strong in Microsoft Excel and Power BI, data management and data integration skills with an ability to organize, analyze and correlate data information.
- Familiarity with Oracle / Oracle HR systems
- Experience with top data visualization software such as Azure, Tableau, and D3.js and statistical analysis tools such as R, Python and SPSS.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Previous experience doing HR data analysis preferred.
- UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place. Business related travel on behalf of UL requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
What youâll experience working at UL::
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 127 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & Achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.