Kunai is looking for a full-time Data Engineer to join our team. We're a growing digital agency of 50+ people that is fully remote. During the past decade, we've shipped over 150 products for clients that include Visa, the United Nations, Wells Fargo, Ernst & Young, and TOMS Shoes. Our founders built a previous agency (Monsoon) that was acquired by Capital One in 2015.
You'll be a Data Engineer on our engineering team. You will help our engineering team bring our products across the finish line for our clients to enjoy in the wild. You’ll work across the tech stack, tackle new skills, and show up ready for anything. Your role will be challenging, fun, and interesting.
Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
Work with a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems
Utilize programming languages like Python and Open Source RDBMS databases and Cloud based data warehousing services such as Snowflake
Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences that touch millions of people
Perform unit tests and conducting reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Deep familiarity with data streaming systems and working with Apache Kafka and Flink
- 3+ years of data engineering experience.
- 3+ years of Python development experience.
- 2+ years of AWS experience -EC2, alb, route53, S3, ECS
- 2+ years of experience writing and working with SQL queries in high-performance databases
- Experience in a related field with real-world skills.
- Intellectual curiosity to find new and unusual ways of how to solve data management issues.
- Ability to approach data organization challenges while keeping an eye on what’s important.
- Experience working with Apache Airflow is a plus