DASHBOARD is looking for talented, self-starting, pro-active and compassionate people to join us on our journey.
Dashboard uses data to scrutinise industrial processes and infrastructure, which informs smart-decision making/pre-emptive action.
At Dashboard we have ambitious goals, and an ambitious team dedicated to solving some of the most complex challenges in industry. Our open and transparent culture empowers the team to dive in, fail fast, experiment and deliver outputs at the leading edge of what is technologically possible today.
Dashboard has big ambition and recognises the importance of the team in fulfilling this potential. Come and work for Dashboard and you will be empowered to deliver your responsibilities and trusted to get on with it.
- We are empowering and trusting (with an associated expectation of excellence), we therefore give people the space and resources to do their job.
- We are open and transparent and therefore honest about all aspects of the business.
- We are warm and humane, treating people with respect and in the correct manner.
- We are resilient with high personal and professional standards and therefore we demonstrate mental and moral resilience to deliver excellent results.
- We are collaborative and agile and therefore harness the power of collaboration and adaptability to achieve innovative progress.
Job title: Senior Data Scientist
Location: Exeter office with occasional home working possible
Reports to: CTO
Salary: Negotiable at interview stage
As the Senior Data Scientist within the Dashboard team, you will be responsible and accountable for delivering Dashboard’s Data Science strategy and processing. This will include ownership of the data science strategy, analysis of customer requirements, statistical analysis, development of AI solutions for use in our customer-facing systems using both traditional AI and Deep Learning-based solutions and analysis/presentation solutions using PowerBI (or equivalent) for internal use.
To fulfil this role, you will need to be a capable and experienced data scientist, ideally with a higher degree in data science, mathematics or a similar discipline. Experience in deep learning techniques is particularly desired.
Application areas of current importance include the Pipeline infrastructure or related markets, digital twin modelling and extraction of normal operating conditions from large data sets to identify potential future anomalous operation.
A strong candidate will readily adapt to new technical roles and challenges. Key responsibilities include:
- Own the DASHBOARD Data Science Strategy.
- Lead and implement action plans for data processing and model implementation.
- Technical lead on AI and Machine Learning systems and use.
- Design of AI systems and training systems for trials and commercial development.
- Analysis of trial data.
- Design of data and test requirements for system training using in-house test system
- Participation in Design reviews
- Production of internal tools using PowerBI (or equivalent)
- Support documentation for other internal teams and technical manuals
CEO/MD/CCO/COO, Engineering Manager, Programme and Project Managers, Software Team Leaders, Product/Marketing/Commercial Team, Support Team.
Emotional Characteristics and Professional Skills
- Adaptable and consistent – An ability to keep up with a fast-paced schedule of work and maintain a high standard of work output
- Autonomous and dependable – An ability to problem solve and complete work without extensive supervision or guidance
- Collaborative and transparent – A well-developed ability to work alongside many stakeholders with distinct needs, and to be honest/open when problems arise
- Diligent and responsible – An ability to successfully manage timekeeping and meet deadlines when required
- Fair and understanding – Showcase strong emotional empathy for others’ perspectives and lifestyles when engaging in business operations
- Proactive and organised – An ability to track changing priorities and to bring a forward-thinking approach to the role
- Tactful and considerate – An ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in interactions with stakeholders within and without the organisation
Knowledge & Experience
- Min 5 years’ experience in an appropriate Data Science role.
- Team Leadership Experience.
- Experience in producing ML, AI and Deep Learning based solutions
- Experience deploying and maintaining deployed models
- Experience in Python, SQL or similar languages (e.g R, Scala, etc)
- Experience of machine learning, statistical and mathematics libraries (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc)
- Experience in interpreting customer requirements to create data models
- Ability and willingness to continually learn new skills as needed.
- A good communicator, able to write and present clear and comprehensive reports.
- A proficient or native level of English, both verbal and written.
- Self managing – able to operate in a fast-changing environment as part of a wider project team
- Previous IoT experience (particularly IIoT).
- Familiarity with data frameworks
- Experience in an industrial solutions business
- Experience in several Data languages
- Experience with PowerBI or similar interactive dashboard tool
Higher degree in data science, mathematics or a similar discipline. Substantial verifiable learning in current technologies as above.
- Team Leadership.
- AI algorithm development.
- ML solution design and training.
- Data programming in python and other languages as appropriate.
- The ability to design algorithms and/or AI training from customer problem descriptions.
As part of the interview process, we would like to discuss examples of previous development projects you have completed.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure this job description provides a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities of this role, all employees may be required to undertake other reasonable tasks as requested from time to time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age