Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Project Engineer II – Data Scientist
What You’ll Do:
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Mission & Process Analytics and MPA team in advancing Ball Aerospace’s data analytics and data governance strategies and goals.
- Lead data science and software development teams in providing business insights thru data integration, data analysis and data visualization.
- Remain current with industry as it relates to data analysis, data visualization, data management and data governance and applications to Ball Aerospace.
- Consult with business units, process owners, engineers and other subject matter experts to understand their data needs & provide analysis recommendations, solutions and/or results.
- Support the supply chain management director of operations with their data analysis and data management needs, tasks to include (but not inclusive of):
- Forecasting staffing needs in line with business growth
- Provide guidance, consulting and technical support to enhance existing data collection tools & processes to enable effective and consistent data integration with enterprise databases
- Develop data visualizations (dashboards) to provide quick and meaningful insights into Supply Chain status, risks and forecasts
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Data Science or Statistics preferred.
- 12 or more years of statistical analysis and project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated successful lead/supervisory experience of data science/statistician teams and projects.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to lead highly motivated teams.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Experience successfully identifying and deploying process/product improvements.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience using data virtualization and data visualization software.
- Experience writing script in statistical program languages.
- Demonstrated statistical analysis capability.
- Demonstrated ability to develop project cost and schedule estimates and respective status reports
- Prior participation in written and/or oral proposal activities for NASA and/or DOD programs.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.