Focus on the personal and commercial lines businesses.
Accountable for actuarial functions which will contribute to the profitable development and financial results of the Group. Working closely with the senior management team across Product, Pricing, Underwriting and Claims Services.
Develop effective pricing and risk management strategies to balance profitability and growth
- Benefit tracking and performance monitoring of financial, underwriting and distribution indicators
- Create and maintain business reports to direct thought processes that drives action
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the internal data assets to support pricing and other modelling initiatives
- Continuous process improvement and strategy evaluation
- Participate in strategic projects where actuarial input is required
- Support current underwriting segmentations models
- Interacting with distribution (sales) and claims with the objective of constantly incorporating market trends into the product solution value chain
- Supporting the development of product solutions for various market segments and channels
- Ad-hoc analysis - statistical investigations as required from time to time by the business
Degree in either Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Data Science or Computer Science.
- Non-actuarial candidates with required skills and competencies will also be considered.
- One to two years working experience, preferably in general insurance.
- Advanced computer literacy skills in one or more of the following: SAS, SQL, R, Python, Emblem etc.
- Strong modelling skills including experience in performing statistical investigations and building pricing / predictive models
Strong data management skills