Communication has changed for people. It's changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more!
What's the opportunity?
At Intercom, the GTM Analytics & Data Science team partners with every function in the organization in order to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly. We're looking for people with a similar mindset who are constantly curious, driven to understand our business better, and committed to creating value.
In this role, you will partner with go-to-market teams across Intercom (including Marketing, BizOps, Finance, Growth R&D, and Sales) to measure new initiatives and make data-driven recommendations around go-to-market strategy. In addition to being experienced analytically, we're looking for someone who can proactively surface recommendations and insights, who's comfortable prioritizing work across multiple stakeholders, and who can work across the analytics and data stack in order to solve problems. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
To give you a sense of some specific projects you might work on, here are a few of our recent workstreams: understanding how users respond to new pricing & packaging, understanding and modeling drivers of expansion, analyzing the customer signup experience, measuring the performance of paid advertising campaigns, building MQL and pipeline targets and forecast models, and many more.
What will I be doing?
- Evaluating the performance of our go-to-market strategies and initiatives by analyzing customer funnels and metrics (new business, retention, CAC, LTV, churn, etc.)
- Partnering with go-to-market teams at Intercom to help them better understand their functional areas, build understanding and use of our data, and set a high bar for analytics across the organization
- Building forecast models to set targets for the top of funnel (MQL, pipeline, etc)
- Creating dashboards that allow internal consumers to gain insight into the performance of their functional areas
- Constructing reusable data pipelines for company-wide use
- Monitoring the state of the business on a regular basis and generating data-driven hypotheses and action items in order drive business impact
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of work experience in analytics/finance/consulting or a directly related field – some of which should be in a technology business
- A proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analyses/recommendations in order to drive business impact
- An understanding of SaaS business models and key metrics
- Some experience building data science models to provide deeper insights
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical) and comfort working with high-level stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment
- Excellent SQL skills, fluency with BI/visualization tools, and deep knowledge of Excel and other analysis tools
- Proficiency in R or Python a plus
- Strong critical reasoning skills, including understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there's something important to you that's not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we're happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.