- Bachelors Degree in an engineering or technical field
- 5+ years experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
- Experience in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of SQL.
- Strong knowledge of various data warehousing methodologies and data modelling concepts. Hands on modelling experience is highly desired
- Experience performing various performance tuning activities at the both database level as well as ETL
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Job summary Amazon Business Big Data team is looking for a Data Engineer (DE) to play a significant role in building their large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data integration and delivery services. These data solutions would be primarily used in periodic reporting, and drive business decision making while dealing efficiently with the massive scale of data available through our Data Warehouse as well as our software systems. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modelling metadata, building reports and dashboards, and administering the platform software. You are expected to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable data models, ETL designs and data integration services. You are required to support and manage growth of these data solutions. You must be a self-starter and be able to learn on the go. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as you will work very closely with diverse teams. You must be a self-starter and be able to learn on the go. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as you will work very closely with diverse teams.
- Experience in one of the modern reporting tools such as Tableau, QuickSight, etc.
- Experience performing capacity planning at both table level as well as database level to ensure smooth data growth
- Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand their requirements and provide data which can help them observe patterns and spot anomalies.
- Understanding of agile software development cycle
- Good working knowledge of Redshift environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of Tableau preferred
- Knowledge of Columnar databases preferred
- Familiarity with AWS technologies preferred
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop/Hive preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.