We have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!
Signet Jewelers is the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry, operating more than 2,800 stores worldwide under the iconic brands: Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples, Piercing Pagoda, Rocksbox and JamesAllen.com. We are a people-first company and this core value is at the heart of everything we do, from empowering our valued team members, to collaborating with our customers, to fostering the communities in which we live and serve. People – and the love their actions inspire – are what drive us. We’re not only proud of the love we inspire outside our walls, we’re especially proud of the diversity, inclusion and equity we’re inspiring inside. There are dynamic career paths awaiting you – rewarding opportunities to impact the lives of others and inspire love. Join us!Data Scientist - Enterprise Analytics
WHO WE ARE:
We are the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry and the world’s largest specialty jewelry retailer, with #1 market share in the U.S., UK and Canada. Signet operates approximately 3,200 stores globally, under the brand names Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples Jewellers, Piercing Pagoda and JamesAllen.com.ALL ARE WELCOME HERE:
Signet is a people company – this means that we put our customers and our employees at the center of everything we do. Our culture celebrates diversity and inclusion, while uniting around a common mission and distinct privilege of helping our customers Celebrate Life and Express Love®. We strive to make sure that our 35,000 employees have professional, personal and social development opportunities to unleash their full potential and have equal opportunity for advancement, regardless of their gender, race, sexuality or any other aspect of their background. At Signet, we nurture an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, supported and empowered at work each day. We do not and will not tolerate any behavior that undermines this effort.POSITION SUMMARY
This role supports all aspects of Signet North America through use of statistical, predictive, and computer science process, and business knowledge to develop new approaches to discovering insights that lead to business action. Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams to gather and analyze structured and unstructured data using scientific methods and developing and testing models used to predict business outcomes. Translates statistical results and outcomes into plain-speak so business leaders are fully aware of the implications and can implement changes. Subject matter expert for statistical processes and their implementation (ARIMA, regression, boosted models, decision trees/forest models etc.), and use of tools/languages such as Alteryx, Tableau, R (or R-Studio), Python, SQL, and Business Objects.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Understand and prioritize business problems and identify ways to leverage data to recommend solutions to business problems. Organize and synthesize data into actionable business decisions, focused on insights. Visualize complex data sets, draw conclusions and relationships, and develop actionable recommendations. Provide insight into, trends, financial and business operations through data analysis and the development of business intelligence visuals.
- Work with advanced business intelligence tools to complete complex calculations, table calculations, geographic mapping, data blending, and optimization of data extracts. Properly use linear and non-linear predictive models, and optimization techniques.
- Develop dashboards and prepare executive level (or targeted audience) presentations to clearly articulate the results of the analysis. Explain, through strong communication skills and analytical analysis, the business value and expected impact of the work. Clearly and fluently translate technical findings to a non-technical team with quantified insights.
- Work with Director to develop an approach to research modeled after a blend of the scientific method and CRISP-DM (Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining) that will be used for each analysis and taught to others for consistent implementation of research and communication of results. Scientific Method - (Question, Research, Hypothesis, Experiment, Observations, Results/Conclusions, Communicate.) CRISP-DM - (Business Understanding, Data Understanding, Data Preparation, Modeling, Evaluation, Deployment.)
- Engage and collaborate with analytical team members across the company to increase the organization's analytical capabilities. This includes serving as a subject matter expert on BI tools and analytical techniques including, data blending, statistical modeling, automation of manual processes, and data visualization.
: Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or similar field.Required or Acceptable Job-Related Experience
: 3 – 5 years related experienceTechnical/Other Skills Required
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Experience translating analysis results into business insights and recommendations.
- Advanced knowledge of various business intelligence tools including - Microsoft Excel, Access, Alteryx, and Tableau.
- Experience with statistical data analysis, such as time series, linear models, multivariate analysis, and sampling methods. Experience with SQL, Python, or R is required.
- Competitive healthcare, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching after one year of employment
- Generous PTO + company holidays
- Diversity programs
- Paid subscription to PlateJoy
- Much more!
The salary range for this opportunity is $67,000 – $94,500. Base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job related knowledge, skills and experience, among other factors.