We are looking for a versatile Business Data Analyst who is passionate about data, and has experience with the collection, analysis and presentation of complex data, both narrative and numerical. The correct person will thrive in a multi-dimensional environment, able to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives, and rapidly changing priorities. The Business Data Analyst will be expected to lead business data integration, presentation and process improvement efforts.
- Work with both internal and external data sources to design automated processes to extract, transform, and store the data.
- Use a combination of analysis and intuition to define, validate, and combine data across multiple sources
- Provide mapping information and processing input to SQL developers to enable the appropriate data base design best suited to the data
- Work with BI developers to present data in a meaningful and appealing manner that provides the most decision support value to the users
- Serve as the SME team member for data when developing the presentation layer or troubleshooting customer issues.
- The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated initiative, strong work ethic, and the ability to express complex technical and data concepts effectively to people of varying disciplines and levels within the organization
- 5 + years of experience in a business/data analysis role or related work experience.
- Understand strategic objectives and lead customers, users, vendors and developers to define, develop, and execute plans to create the desired outcomes.
- Must have excellent analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills with a keen ability to ask questions, explore, and understand a wide variety of information challenges
- Proven SQL query skills and knowledge of SQL database concepts such as tables, data types, keys, joins, indexes, transactions.
- Extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, and highly comfortable with multitasking
- Bachelor’s degree required
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.