V11396 Senior Asset Data Analyst
Telent Technology Services Limited is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, operation, and maintenance of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology.
With a strong focus on key customer areas including transport, emergency services, network providers and the public sector, our expertise, accreditations and knowledge make us a trusted partner for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution. And its not just us saying this; we are consistently named as a Top Supplier across industry expert analyses, including ranking 16th in the Sunday Times 2020 Top Track 250 List of Britain’s leading mid-market private companies.
From the moment you join Telent, you’ll be in good company. Our people may come from different backgrounds, but all share the same drive to succeed and can-do attitude. We give all of the people who work for us the opportunity to continuously develop their skills and knowledge. It makes sense for our business and for you, and we will support your journey towards reaching your full potential through personal development and career progression.
- Service and Asset Configuration Management (Data Maintenance)
- To interpret engineering information and enter it into Asset/Service database to defined service levels
- Lead the data delivery of projects
- There is a wide range of data that comes in from various sources and you will be tasked with interpreting mainly engineering information, entering it on to our Asset / Service database, in order to define service levels.
- Extracting and analyzing information from engineering drawings and schematics, you can populate system databases with new and changed network information, by redescribing the detail and making the necessary changes.
- Maintain 100% accuracy of configurated data and its relationships to where it appears within the data information. Reduce the CMS errors to ensure 100% alignment.
- Alignment checks and reconciliation of configuration data with multiple data sources and the creation, through advanced Excel and Access skills, of readable accurate reporting.
- Identify and resolve exceptions through liaison and queries with other team members and departments.
- Accurate Network Data Mapping/Modelling using engineering drawings.
- Generate reports and attend meetings on ad-hoc basis.
- Review project schedules and plans on weekly and monthly basis and ensure timely SACM deliverables
- Provide support to the new and existing team members in reducing the network data alignment errors.
- Provide support to new and existing team members in delivery of transformation schemes.
- Reconcile data from the legacy systems into transformed new system called Remedy CMDB.
- Support in building the product catalogues in Remedy CMDB.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Above average competency with MS office applications, particularly Excel and Access
- Comfortable with using cross sheet functions, pivot tables and macros
- Able to work on various applications & support systems simultaneously
- Remedy CMDB or ServiceNow CMDB experience mandatory
- Exposure to QlikView or QlikSense mandatory
- Experience in telecommunications network domain
- Telecommunications or IT engineering degree preferred
- Ability to lead the projects
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
Telecommunications Engineering degree preferred
- Low level data analysis (contrast and compare) and problem solving (fix gaps) skills
- Attention to detail and accurate keying
- Adaptable to changing working environments & project deliverables
- Able to cope with delivery deadlines without impacting data quality
- Data Quality Mindset with clear focus on accuracy and completeness
- Able to work with minimal supervision, teamwork and where required lead the team
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion