At Cactus Labs we are looking for machine learning engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas including information extraction, information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and more, the list is growing every day.
If you have experience building and training large NLP models and if you are looking for a place, where you can apply your research but also build and integrate the features to products instead of just pure research focused on publication only? If so, we have variety of real-world problems to apply your research in artificial intelligence, natural language processing and much more. You would collaborate with engineers and researchers to work on something impactful and meaningful. Apply your skills and research on various Cactus Labs products that makes a real difference to millions of researcher’s lives across the world.
- Immerse yourself in providing cutting-edge solutions to real world, large-scale problems.
- You will mainly work with existing open-source deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, HuggingFace transformers, fairseq etc. to boost the performance of various natural language generation, classification models used by Cactus digital editing products.
- Large scale distributed training of deep neural networks. This could mean using both some of the shelf frameworks like DeepSpeed, fairscale and also the distribution strategies in TensorFlow.
Requirements (Desired skills & Experience)
- 3-9 years of experience in Machine Learning/Data science, preferably professionally.
- Interest in taking ownership of projects and motivation to drive solutions from development to production.
- Interest in reading and applying research results to create cutting edge ML services.
- Be comfortable working in a team where some members are located remotely.
- 2+ years of relevant applied AI research/development experience.
- You are self-motivated, excellent problem solver, a go-getter.
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structure, algorithms, architecture and OO design).
- Relevant work experience including internship or full-time industry experience as a researcher is a plus.
About Cactus Labs
Cactus Labs, an R&D and innovation cell at Cactus Communications which focuses on reimaging customer experience and publishing workflows leveraging AI and machine learning. We pursue big ideas that power transformation advances at Cactus communications and for our customers to work smarter, faster and secure every day. We are engineers, linguists, researchers, technology leaders and experts working to develop next generation products that are transforming scholarly communications. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries and is required to handle data at massive scale. Our engineers are versatile, display leadership qualities and are enthusiastic to take on complex real-world problems across the industry as we continue to push our limits and advance the technology.
Paperpal is a new type of writing assistant created by Cactus Communications. Paperpal products helps researchers write, revise, and perfect their academic writing. Paperpal is powered by machine learning and trained on millions of original and edited manuscripts across domains.
R Concept - A comprehensive AI-powered, expert-curated platform on research, insights, commentary, and expert recommendations related to COVID-19.
R Discovery - Aims to re-define how research content is discovered, accessed and read by researchers (academics) across the globe. R Discovery enables researchers to access personalized feeds of most relevant and recent content with a single tap powered by UNSILO.
R Pubsure - An AI-powered solution which evaluates the submission readiness of research manuscripts. It checks for language, structure, plagiarism, and technical competency of the manuscripts within seconds. It also recommends suitable journals, thus expediting the submission process.
Editage a division of Cactus Communications which provide high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities.
Learn about Our Culture:
- CACTUS is a culture-driven company powered by its people, their passion, and their inspiration. All Cactizens live by the culture and values that define us.
- We value people for their talent, personality, competency, and the ability to learn and grow. We create a work environment that allows people to thrive and show their best performance. We believe in meritocracy.
- We take pride in our diversity. We strive to embrace diverse voices and create an inclusive workplace.
- We encourage all Cactizens to talk openly about their ideas and opinions and provide feedback to anyone who is a part of CACTUS, regardless of designation, experience, or seniority. We also encourage them to place their trust and be open to differences in opinions and feedback.