- Make an impact and drive the Analytics agenda as Mars starts its Analytics journey
- Great role to educate and upskill the business on a new suite of tools
- Range of options to work flexibly to maintain a great work life balance
As Mars looks to the future and Strategic Revenue Management (SRM) continues to be a key growth pillar within Mars Wrigley (MW), a unique and newly created opportunity has arisen for an experienced Data Scientist – Revenue Strategy to join the MW SRM team.
Based in Melbourne, this role will critical to ensure our successful journey towards best in class revenue management capabilities and will be a critical driver for profitable category growth.
As the data specialist to the team, you will be comfortable in mining large sources of data, creating a new suite of tools for the business, with an ability to share insights in a way that is easily understandable and will help drive price and promotion across our large array of products.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Lead the evolution of MW Revenue Analytics, with a focus on tools and models which will help drive the price, promotion and mix optimization of the MW portfolio
- Work with multiple datasets on multiple platforms and design and implement operational models and analytics (e.g. regression, scenario analysis, simulation) which will be used to further enhance the understanding of our market across multiple growth levers
- Uncover and provide insights, identify and validate growth opportunities and make tangible recommendations which will deliver growth for both MW and our customer base
- Track & measure performance of key initiatives & provide periodic and insightful reporting
- Deploy analytic tools and dashboards across the business while working collaboratively to develop and train MW associates to be self-sufficient users
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role in a large blue chip or consumer products company
- Understanding of statistical languages (R, Python) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets, able to query databases (SQL) is preferred
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning (AI) techniques, experience in statistical analysis & Data Visualization tools (Power BI advantageous)
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills to partner and educate Associates on the new suite of Analytical tools
- Ability to clearly explain problems, insights and solutions to both technical and non-technical business partners
- Tertiary qualification (preferred) in a Quantitative discipline (Economics, Statistics, Mathematics)
What can you expect from Mars?
- A collaborative and progressive workplace that was awarded #4 in the Best Places to Work Australia survey for 2020
- Genuine focus on your development with access to world class training
- Global health and wellbeing program to support work-life balance
- Join the world’s leading manufacturer of chocolate, chewing gum, mints and fruity confections