Nine. Australia’s Media Company.
Underpinned by our people, our strategic focus is on content, connections and growth.
Driven by our purpose - Australia belongs here - and guided by our values - walk the talk, turn over every stone, keep it human - we are the home of Australia’s most loved content and trusted brands across News, Sport, and Entertainment.
We lead the total television market in Australia through our key brands of Channel 9, Gem, Go, Rush and Life, and of course you can consume all our content, live or on-demand, on Australia’s leading free streaming platform, 9Now. We also own Stan, the market leading local subscription streaming service.
Our total publishing business covers The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Australian Financial Review, to the breadth of nine.com.au and The Pedestrian Group.
In our total audio business we are building talk radio for the next generation across 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR.
Nine is also an active participant in Australian consumer marketplaces through our majority shareholding in Domain and our ownership of Drive.Job Description
Join the Product and Technology data team to continue to make data a competitive advantage.Work with key stakeholders to build high-performing data products and reduce the complexity in our data systems and data models. You will enable the use of data to create innovative solutions for our business, focusing in the data commercialization space.
Work with a passionate team of data professionals that loves actively helping shape business strategy through data driven techniquesResponsibilities:
- Design and implement data pipelines and data processing frameworks at petabyte scale in Google Cloud, Apache Airflow, BigQuery and other cutting edge tools.
- Craft solutions that directly enable reporting specialists, analysts and super-users by exposing consumption focused dimensional data models and data products/ visualisations.
- Work across the Data Engineering teams, Vendors and Business Stakeholders to contribute to the continuous improvement of data products/ processes/ systems
- Provide data on industry trends, emerging technologies, and tool sets - we are not afraid to experiment!
- Keep up to date with media and technology industry changes and stimulate discussion.
- Ensure deliveries are up to date with the latest technologies.
What we would like to see:
Don’t worry if you can’t tick every single one of these boxes, we would still like to hear from you. With a willingness to learn, a positive attitude and a growth mindset anything is possible at Nine!
- Experience in a Data Engineering role with knowledge and application of SQL and Python used on Cloud Platform preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Designing data processing frameworks in Airflow and setting up DAGs
- Data analytics and reporting tools like Tableau ad Data Studio
- Ability to work in agile development and delivery processes, along with solution design and implementation
- Solid understanding of database structures, theories, principles & practices
- Solid understanding of CI/CD, Version Control like Github or Bitbucket.
Life at Nine
Nine is a people business. Being part of the team means you’ll be in a culture that promotes creativity and innovation, diversity and inclusion, is open to feedback, rewards impact and ensures everyone is heard. Importantly, you'll receive the following:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.Disclaimer:
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.