Would you like to work in a fully Agile environment? Your main objective as a Data Scientist at Equifax will be to work directly with customers to support their use of key analytical products, utilising your technical and analytical background.
Who are we at Equifax?
We are a global information solutions company that uses trusted unique data, creative analytics, technology and industry expertise to power organizations and individuals around the world by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
About the Job
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation across the enterprise. This includes tool and process integrations across all business units within Equifax globally.
You will be a main point of contact for our clients to assist them in developing new queries or advise on appropriate analytical techniques to address a variety of business issues. By using your deep knowledge of Equifax data assets, you will proactively produce analytics to generate additional value from the different solution installations. This will include advanced modeling techniques and machine learning when applicable.
In addition to supporting specific analytical platforms, our new Data Scientist may be deployed directly with customers for special projects. This could include the application of specific skills, such as machine learning, or represent additional capacity to the customer for key work. The broad experience of our Data Scientist will provide strong domain expertise that will deliver better outcomes for key customers.
Responsibilities of the Data Scientist – Client Success include:
- You will utilise tools, including Python and SQL to extract data and assist others users to improve the performance of queries.
- By working closely with customers, you will understand the objectives of their projects and be able to interpret the business need into a sound analysis plan that considers all relevant data.
- Utilising your teamwork skills, you will collaborate with the Data Management team to load new data into the environment as needed and work closely with the IT system administrators to ensure data quality remains strong.
- Effectively communicate analytical results to key partners using strong data visualizations, strong presentation skills and business language to emphasize the so what of the analysis.
- You’ll act as the primary contact for Equifax customers using Ignite solutions (Equifax product) to answer technical inquiries or provide guidance on the use of Equifax data within specific analytical methodologies.
- You will continually mine the data assets to identify emerging trends and proactively inform key partners within the assigned customers to drive and influence strategy.
- By demonstrating your experience with data visualization tools, you will improve productivity while ensuring results are consistent across the organization.
- Use advanced techniques or partner with statisticians to build out predictive models that address new opportunities for a customer based on a deep understanding of their business need
- Proven hands-on experience designing and building analytical solutions to solve real world problems, with limited direct supervision required
- 3+ years’ data manipulation experience with deep knowledge of Python and SQL in a large data environment
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop Tools such as Hive or Impala
- Demonstrable experience in a client-facing role with direct contact and client management responsibilities for specific deliverables
- 3+ years using advanced analytical techniques including decision trees, logistical regression, and, preferably, machine learning methodologies
- Experience or strong knowledge of a key industry including Retail Lending, Credit Cards, Mortgages, Auto Lending, Government or Telco
- Experience with data visualization tools (Spotfire, Tableau, Qlik) is an asset
- Working knowledge of database design, data modeling, risk management and/or marketing practices, statistical/predictive modeling
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics (essential)
- Master’s level degree in a business-related field/MBA (preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
Function - Data and Analytics