The Telecoms Cybersecurity Engineering and Specialist Office in IMDA is the cybersecurity arm that identifies the future-state cybersecurity development roadmap and executes greenfield initiatives to uplift the cybersecurity posture of the Infocomm and Media (ICM) sectors. You will be part of the team that conceptualise, architect and initiate greenfield big data related cybersecurity projects, define security architecture for next-generation infocomm technologies, and develop niche cybersecurity tech capabilities for the ICM sectors. You will work closely with the team and be responsible for executing big data related cybersecurity projects, and provide advice to the
team on big data related technical issues.
The successful candidate shall be responsible, among others, to:
- Conceptualise, plan, execute and manage new programs, R&D or initiatives relating to the use of big data to improve cybersecurity for the infocomm and media sectors.
- Monitor advancements in big data technologies and identify new tools and frameworks that could improve efficiency and fine tune existing data analytics platforms.
- Develop and review data models for cybersecurity projects.
- Process, cleanse and verify the suitability of data used for data analytics, as well as interpret and analyse big data sets using statistical techniques.
- Identify cybersecurity use cases together with project team and stakeholders, and develop data analytics rules or data models to deliver the use case outcomes.
- Conceptualise and manage the development of infrastructure required for optical extraction, transformation, and loading of large volume data from various data sources.
- Manage the development of infrastructure required for real-time and batch data ingestion and processing pipelines for data analytics, machine learning, dashboarding and visualisation.
- Work with vendors to develop data analytics systems and validate accuracy of data models developed.
- Work with internal teams to support needs relating to the ETL of data, or where scripting may be required to streamline and improve processes relating to the flow of data or integration with other platforms.
- Background in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Mathematics / Statistics / Data Science and Analytics.
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative data analytic or machine learning model development for cybersecurity or network infrastructure use cases using big data.
- Good understanding of programming languages including Python, R, Scala, Golang and Java/C/C++, ETL frameworks, and able to develop programming scripts minimally in Python or R.
- Experience in using databases and frameworks for big data analytics such as Hadoop / Hive / Spark, and able to write complex SQL queries.
- Familiarity with big data streaming tools, database frameworks and visualisation tools such as Apache NiFi, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, Kibana, Tableau and their areas of applicability.
- Domain knowledge and experience in Computer networking, Network security, or System security is preferred.
- Good understanding of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning concepts.
- Good writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Fast learner with self-motivation and independence to acquire knowledge on new domains or technologies quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Plugged-in to the latest technology and security developments for the telecommunication sector.
- Willingness to delve into administrative, legislative, technical, research and development works
Position will commensurate with experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.