CT Data Engineer II Assistant Director
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
- Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
- Enterprise Technology (ET) – ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the most affordable possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
- Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
- Be responsible to define and implement the Data Strategy, considering the integrity, governance and curation of the data.
- The primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques for statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products
- Leads and contributes to the delivery of processes to transform and load data from disparate sources into a form that is consumable by analytics processes, for projects with moderate complexity, using strong technical capabilities.
- Designs, develops and produces library of reusable code which fulfills pre-processing, model training and building requirements for data science lifecycle .
- Designs, develops and produces data models of relatively high complexity, leveraging a sound understanding of data modelling standards to ensure high quality
- Builds networks with other departments across the business to help define and deliver business value, and may interface and communicate with program teams, management and stakeholders as required to deliver small to medium-sized projects
Your key responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance to team members, provide compliance with data strategy and data management standards and procedures defined in the Data Management Framework
- Leading the production of high-quality data engineering deliverables, helping to ensure project timelines are met, and providing informal mentoring / training to junior members of the team
- Leading the delivery of data quality reviews including data cleansing where required to ensure integrity and quality
- Leading the delivery of data models, data storage models and data migration to manage data within the organization, for a small to medium-sized project
- Resolving escalated design and implementation issues with moderate to high complexity
- Analyzing the latest industry trends such as cloud computing and distributed processing and beginning to infer risks and benefits of their use in business
- Providing technical expertise to maximize value from current applications, solutions, infrastructure and emerging technologies and seek to continuously improve internal processes
- Developing working relationships with peers across other engineering teams and beginning to collaborate to develop leading data engineering solutions
- Driving adherence to the relevant data engineering and data modelling processes, procedures and standards
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
Batch Processing - Capability to design an efficient way of processing high volumes of data where a group of transactions is collected over a period of time ·
- Data Integration (Sourcing, Storage and Migration) - Capability to design and implement models, capabilities and solutions to manage data within the enterprise (structured and unstructured, data archiving principles, data warehousing, data sourcing, etc.). This includes the data models, storage requirements and migration of data from one system to another ·
- Data Quality, Profiling and Cleansing - Capability to review (profile) a data set to establish its quality against a defined set of parameters and to highlight data where corrective action (cleansing) is required to remediate the data ·
- Stream Systems - Capability to discover, integrate, and ingest all available data from the machines that produce it, as fast as it’s produced, in any format, and at any quality
Ideally, you’ll also have experience or exposure to few of the technologies in each family.
- Business Information Glossaries – Azure Data Catalogue, Collibra,
- Cloud Computing Services – Azure
- Distributed Systems – Azure ADLS Gen 2, Databricks, Hadoop, HDFS, Kafka, MapReduce/Hive, Spark, Storm, Zookeeper
- ETL Tools – Alteryx, Azure Data Factory, Power BI Dataflows, Power Query, SAP Data Services, SSIS, Talend, Trifacta.
- Graph Databases – Azure Cosmos
- NoSQL Columnar Stores – Accumulo, HBase
- Programming Languages – .Net, C#, C++, CSS, Hive, HTML5, Java, MATLAB, Node.js, Pig, PowerShell, Python, R, Ruby, Sass, Scala, Shell Scripting, SQL, Visual Studio, XML
- Relational SMP Databases – Azure SQL PaaS, Oracle, SQL Server
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Experience with data visualisation tools - PowerBi
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, etc
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc
What we look for
- Great Attitude
- Hunger to learn new technologies and coach
- Hands on experience.
- Must work as a developer –
- The person need hands on experience with Python, R, Java, Scala, C++, Spark; ML libraries such as H2O, Spark MLlib, ML pipelines, Scikit-learn, H2O, Keras, Tensor-flow
- .Net , C# , Logic Apps, Web Services, J3.ds with strong coding capability in one or more languages, especially PowerShell and strong integration knowledge based on authentication and authorization in cloud.
- Speed to deliver.
What working at EY offers (ready to use)
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
- Can absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively. (Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools when designing a reference architecture or product matrix.)
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change (Ability to make key decisions as they relate to service disruptions and problems)
- Outstanding management, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors (i.e. Microsoft) for escalation of issues
Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.