We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us accomplish our mission to improve and extend lives by learning from the experience of every person with cancer. Are you ready to be the next changemaker in cancer care?
Flatiron Health is a healthtech company using data for good to power smarter care for every person with cancer, around the world. Flatiron partners with cancer centers in the US, Europe and Asia to transform patients’ real-life experiences into real-world evidence and create a more modern, connected oncology ecosystem. Our multidisciplinary teams include oncologists, data scientists, software engineers, epidemiologists, product experts and more. Flatiron Health is an independent affiliate of the Roche Group.What You'll Do
Our Data Science team is a diverse and talented group of individuals with strong expertise in discovering and understanding customer needs, making data-driven decisions within an ambiguous problem space, and rapidly prototyping and iterating on data products.
Building on 10 years of experience in the US, Flatiron’s international team is scaling Flatiron’s approach in new countries. Streamlined teams in each market are establishing partnerships with local cancer providers, and developing high-quality real-world data for researchers around the world. Data Scientists are embedded on those teams and their work touches every aspect of Flatiron’s international product and strategy. Specifically, you’ll:
Who You Are
- Rapidly iterate on early stage products where a hybrid skill set of product intuition, customer empathy, and data expertise is essential.
- Develop a deep understanding of source data and develop data processing and quality assurance approaches for both structured and unstructured data.
- Help shape our approach to integrating machine learning and other automated technologies into Flatiron’s data processing design.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to develop and implement shared data processing strategies and analytic methods to enable real-world evidence generation based on global datasets.
- Devise and build data analyses and visualizations that provide value to Flatiron’s data partners and customers.
- Immerse yourself in business and technical context to help your team identify opportunities for optimizing our processes and unlocking new value from our unique datasets.
- Evaluate new data sources to unlock new product and research opportunities.
You're a kind, collaborative and analytic problem solver and value the opportunity to think beyond the way things are. In addition,
- You have 3+ years of industry experience in relevant roles.
- You have a strong background in statistics/analytics/ML and can fit the appropriate analysis/modeling approach to complex business or research problems.
- You’re impact-oriented, and care deeply about creating real change for customers, users, and ultimately patients. You choose the right, rather than the flashiest, method available to reach your goals.
- You are a clear and confident communicator who can explain technical concepts to business and clinical partners.
- You are versatile and can easily pick up new programming languages and tools, but come with strong experience in Python.
- You have a record of success driving initiatives forward by generating buy-in, managing complexity, and continuously delivering business impact.
- You are proficient in English.
Who We Are
- You have experience in Data Engineering, including ETL and data warehousing tools.
- You have collaborated with other technical team members in a production development environment using formal version control and one or more modern programming languages.
- You have experience working with healthcare-related data.
Our people are at the center of everything we do. We strive to foster a culture where our teammates feel equipped and empowered to make meaningful contributions with confidence, compassion, and clarity. Visit the Life at Flatiron page to learn more.